Old May 17th 05, 12:35 PM
Banty

In article .com,
says...

Something is obviously wrong. His mom is open to suggestions and isn't
afraid to hear other's opinions about her son. She says he's seen a
counselor (I think it was a school counselor) which didn't do any good.
Because of that, she sees no point in taking him to a psychiatrist. I
think he needs some professional counseling as well as perhaps some
medication like Prozac or Zoloft. I think if he doesn't get this help
soon then he's really gonna get screwed up.

What do you all suggest? What is your opinions on this matter? This
behavior of acting like a baby is definitely not normal for a teenage
boy. Something is definitely wrong, but what? Ideas, anyone?

It occurs to me he's acting this way because he may not feel he has a place in
his own home since his mother's remarriage. Or not. But any counselling
should be *family* counselling - it seems there's an effort to "fix him", and
the problem may be at least partly in the setting.

I recommend his mother seek *family* counselling.

Banty