Old June 28th 03, 12:57 AM

Default Advice please son's 1st birthday :)

In ,
me typed:
Hey guys, my name is Marcia and I need help! First off I'm a 22 year
old single parent from the bronx, and my only child is turning 1 on
July 7th and I have absolutely no idea what to do!!! My son's dad is
not in the picture and I barely have family so thats a no go but I
really didn't (nor can I afford) a big party anyhow. I was gonna buy
some gifts like toys and stuff maybe about 3 or 4 ,about 10 balloons
and a cake with a disposable camera and celebrate at home with him.
But I dunno a part of me is saying I'm a horrible parent for not
planning anything big for him, is this good enough? LoL, I'm really
interested in you guys ideas maybe what you guys did with your
children on their first birthday I'm sorry to intrude in like this
but I need help I can stick around and give some of my advice as
well if needed Thanks for reading!

Marcia

Hi Marcia, and welcome! For my son's first birthday I baked and decorated a
cake myself. Cheaper that way, and it's not difficult to do if you get the
mix. It was just family, a couple presents, I had to open them because he
wasn't interested. Don't be surprised if he gets cake everywhere. In fact
encourage it. The best pictures my son LOVES to see of himself at a young
age (he's 12 now) are the ones of his birthday, with cake all over himself.
And of his 2nd Christmas (he was only 3 days old on his first one, and we
were still in hospital) when he was sitting on his rocking horse. Those are
memories he doesn't have, but likes to hear from me. It won't matter what
you do, as long as you can tell him about it later.

Betsy
--
Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with
ketchup.