Old March 27th 04, 05:13 PM
Melissa

Default After weaning - when can underwire bras be worn?!

Cathy wrote:
I'm afraid I love my underwires - got to give some shape to my droopy
breasts! But it has been so long since I wore one, and my nursing
bras are too big now (I just hope my pre-breastfeeding bras are not
too big - they were pretty tiny to begin to with!). I am paranoid
about wearing an underwire too soon, and getting a plugged duct or
similar. So, any advice on how long to leave it?

"Nikki" wrote
If you have a well fitted one then you can wear it right away. Actually I
wore well fitted underwire nursing bras and even accidently slept in them

on
occasion and they didn't cause any problems.

OTOH, I tried to wear one the other day (we're down to first thing in the
morning and last thing before bed for nursing) and got a lump almost
immediately. In my case, one breast is a bit larger than the other so any
bra is either too small on one side (causes lumps) or too big everywhere
else (uncomfortable and doesn't provide support). So, I'm stuck in nursing
bras for a bit longer as even the best fitting underwire nursing bra didn't
work for me. Phooey!
--
Melissa (in Los Angeles)
Mum to Elizabeth 4/13/03