Old February 4th 04, 09:28 PM
Stephanie Stowe

Default Is there an equation ?

"Ian" wrote in message

"Cheryl S." wrote in message
"Ian" wrote in message
Why is it selfish to stick with one? I like my free time, more
money. Those things are important to me. Is it selfish to want
to be happy? Usually when people start name calling its
because they are jealous. And I do come from a family of

If you want to stick with one child then just don't have any more. You
don't need to be defensive and you're not going to get most parents of
two or more children to agree with you that one is better, obviously,
since that's not what they chose themselves. They must have had their
reasons for having more, just as you have your reasons for not wanting
more. I haven't read the whole thread but I sincerely doubt anyone is
jealous of you. I will say that I am currently struggling with having
two and if you're not sure you can handle another you're best off
sticking with one. I do look back on my days with one and think how
much easier things were and I didn't even realize how good I had it. So
if that is the answer you were looking for there it is.
--

The OP was asking if it was harder with 2 kids than one. I am not here to
start a debate, but logically it is harder. Why do people lie and say

no
one knows the secret to how bad it is until you are in it!

How bad it is? That is appalling.YOU are in charge of your attitude. And if
you do not change it, I feel bad for your child, frankly.

I have childless friends ask me what its like to be a parent. Damn hard I
say! No point telling them its a bed of roses or they are going to get one
hell of a shock! Would I change my life? Of course not BUT I don't want it
to get any tougher. I am sure another child would be the light of my life
too, but my life is hard enough, I have no wish to make it harder, even if
it means missing out on more kids.