Old September 2nd 07, 07:51 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,sci.med.nursing,talk.politics.medicine,uk.people.health
Myrl

Default Queen's doctor warns of homoeopathy crisis

On Sep 2, 10:40 am, Peter Parry wrote:

Wouldn't this be more correctly expressed as "The homeopathy industry
is worried for its future as more and more evidence shows it is
ineffective and based upon a fallacy"
--
Peter Parry.

To a degree I can agree with that, Peter. My thinking is however,
that "evidence" emanating from universities, and colleges, which are
also in the business of creating the conventional medicine practioners
have a conflict of interest. They are also snagging significant
amounts of money for studies, to foist the drug agendas of
pharmaseudical companies. Therefore it's possibly unlikely, these
institutions will come up with reliable findings and evidence.

Who will be funding the studies, that will provide any evidence of
validity for the alternative fields? And WHO will provide us with
unbiased evidence???

My bet is, you would need to find a reliable scientific realm, outside
the United States, to come anywhere near that outcome. Perhaps, the
Netherlands, possibly India, maybe China.

Conventional medicine has a stranglehold on the scientific process in
the US. And the quacks among the alternative field are having a field
day, by simply throwing up "conspiracy" theories, rather than self-
police, or clean up their act.

It's all quite a nightmare for the health consummer. I am very
interested in knowing what alternative remedies will work, and to toss
out the probably 80% or so, which are worthless. So how do we set up
a process for that.

I know for certain, if I broke a bone, I would not go to an altie
practitioner to fix that. . .I'm going to run to the conventional doc
instead.

However, I am one of those women, who periodically has symptoms of
Restless Leg Syndrome. Do I really want to pop a pill, which provides
disclosure for such side effects as obsessions of gambling and sexual
activity? At my age - not necessarily;-)

But, one thing I found out, is with a little yoga exercise, or simply
laying on my back in the middle of the floor, drawing my knees up to
my chest with my arms, and rolling from side to side, and back and
forth, I can immediately relieve most tension in the small of my back,
and have the RLS symptoms all but disappear.

Granted, it's very fast, it's free, and it's without side-
effects. . .I can understand why ALL practioners, wouldn't want me to
do that! And most certainly, they wouldn't want me to tell anybody!

Myrl
http://www.webstarmagic.com/wisletter.htm