Old February 6th 04, 10:12 PM
Phoebe & Allyson

Default upset at nanny -- vent

Irrational Number wrote:
I couldn't print anything for
her, since she only knows Chinese.

IKWYM. Not-MIL sort of gets that I'm not eating wheat (because Caterpillar is
allergic), but doesn't *really* get it. So rice noodles with wheat (clearly
listed in both Chinese and English) as an ingredient are ok in her mind, because
they're still "mi-fen." Whereas linguine-style rice noodles shouldn't be ok
(and it confuses her when I eat them), because they fall within the category of
"noodle" and not within the category of "mi-fen." I don't have the heart to try
to explain the difference between soy sauce with wheat and soy sauce with no
wheat, but Caterpillar doesn't seem to mind.

Phoebe