Old November 24th 03, 10:29 PM
P. Tierney

Default Drawing/Writing question

"H Schinske" wrote in message
Dorothy wrote:

We are preschool teachers, so this was geared to ages
3 to 5, but I would think that if you teach your child earlier
it can't hurt.

My impression of MOST two-year-olds is that they scribble for such short
periods that it would be futile to correct their grip, because you'd be

using
up all their scribbling time. I don't think I bothered at all until my

kids
were old enough to be drawing for some time, and/or copying letters.

That was a thought of mine too -- that it might be more important
once actually things (like letters) were being drawn, therefore requiring
more control of the writing instrument.

I don't think I'll worry about it just yet, but she's trying to do some
finer
things like trying to copy a circle, so perhaps I'll give it a closer look a
few months down the road.

P. Tierney