Old December 20th 05, 02:24 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

Default Poll: Birth Control

wrote in message
oups.com...

Amy wrote:

My doc wouldn't give me a diaphragm - he said that he hadn't fitted
anyone for one in 4 years, and that "no one" uses them anymore!

Whattadork. I'm on the diaphragm -- although that's because my doc
wouldn't scrip anything hormonal *at all* for me because of the
preeclampsia, saying the side effects like clotting and such were too
strongly correlated with chronic hypertension for her to feel
comfortable doing so given my family history + preeclampsia (I'm not a
chronic hypertensive.)

My OB won't let me go back on the combi-pill for the same reason, but has
said the progesterone only mini-pill is OK. However, I'm quite allergic to
the spermacide gels/cremes and latex, which precludes most of the OTC
contraceptives.

--
C, mama to three year old nursling