Old December 2nd 03, 10:07 PM
Joelle

Default Dr. Phil

I think Paul has a point about how a lot of women have higher
standards about housekeeping than men. So they don't give men credit for

what
they do, or they complain and criticize what they do and so they don't do

it.

So rather than talk about what is going on, they withdraw help to teach
the little woman a lesson?

Well that really puts it back on men to look at it that way. I doubt they are
thinking about "teaching her a lesson" - my guess is, they don't like being
criticized so they don't do it. Kids are like that. People are like that.
Yea, talking about it helps. I'm just offering the counter to the stereotype
that "men never help around the house" with the other side that when they do,
it's often not good enough.

I think there's a power thing going on, women still want to be "in charge" of
the housework and want to set the standards. But if it really is a shared
responsiblity, then you have to agree on the standards as well.

Joelle
The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page - St
Augustine
Joelle