Old December 10th 04, 09:52 AM
Anne Rogers

Hmmm. Two hours is awfully short for a labor. Are yuo just counting from
the time you got to the hospital, the pushing stage, or what?

doesn't that rather depend on how you measure when labour starts, if you
measure it from the first painful contraction, then I was in labour 11
weeks, if you measure it in terms of dilation, my labour was apparently 1.5
hours, there is such a thing a precipitate labour, I at least had some
warning I was at the hopsital being induced, but no one expected a baby that
day, I was 5cm dilated 20 minutes before delivery and that truely freaked me
out. My mum had two true precipitate labours, one induced in under 2 hours
one spontaneous at 38 weeks also in under 2 hours. So short labours DO
happen but they aren't necessarily a good thing, the shock for me was
possibly the biggest shock I'd ever experienced and I suffered flash backs
for months afterwards.