Old March 18th 05, 02:58 AM
Scott

Robyn Kozierok wrote:
In article .com,
wrote:

The reason I post is because I have begun a campaign to get Warner
Brothers to make changes to Full House on their DVDs to acknowledge the
work of the oldest girl, D.J., in raising Michelle. As it is, official
show canon is that the father didn't punish Michelle till she was
almost 4, didn't put her in timeout or even remove privileges (both
of which the family considers "punishment," even if others might
not, it is to them.)

Michelle is much too well behaved to have had no negative consequences
(which is reall what "punishment" is to them) till she was almost
four; this is in fact impossible for any child.

I'm not sure what you think Warner Bros. could do about it now, even
if they agreed with you. Surely you realize that the child stars
of Full House have long since grown up, and they can't just record a
few extra episodes to fill in the discipline gaps you feel they've left.

Rather than tilting at windmills to get a company to make an impossible
"fix" to a years-old show, perhaps the better approach is to teach our
children that sit-coms are not a realistic reflection of life. Watch
the show with your children and point out the inconsistencies you see.
Challenge them to point out other inconsistencies and unrealistic parts
in this and other shows they watch. Help them to become critical consumers
of whatever mass media programming you allow them to watch.

--Robyn

I do this all the time with weather in movies and on TV. My
kids just roll their eyes

Seriously, though, pointing out errors and inconsistencies in mass
media is a great thing to do....

Scott DD 11 and DS 9