Old September 29th 06, 08:46 PM posted to misc.kids
Chris

Default First birthday party, no gifts?

Lady Penelope Creighton-Ward wrote:
We've just been invited to a first birthday party in Somerville, MA,
and the parents said no gifts.

I feel silly going to a child's birthday party and not bringing a gift.
I wouldn't want them coming to my daughter's party and not bringing a
gift, even if I know it's likely to be something I don't want or need.
It's not about me, it's about the child.

I gave my son a "no gifts" 1st birthday party many years ago (14!). He
definitely did not need any toys or clothes and I just wanted to have a
small party to celebrate. He was more excited about the hoopla than he
would have been about any gift. I would abide by the parents' wishes.

Chris