Old April 23rd 05, 09:04 PM
marieke

Good for you, finishing you PhD. You must be right about the 1995
yearbook, I don't think you're in the 1994 one.

I agree with you about sort of loosing interest in baby and toddler
issues. No offence intended, it's just that my kids have reached a new
stage. Actually it took me a very long time to lose interest, far
beyond my kid's baby-years in fact.

New issues seem more important now. Such as my son's very early
puberty (his voice changed around his 12th birthday, and he's now the
tallest one in the family. Compared that to my 10yo daughter who is
very small and skinny for her age. Strange kids!

After quitting misc.kids in 1995 or so, I became active in a dutch
online community called ouders online (parents online). For awhile it
had a similar sense of community, and I actually encountered another
Dutch ex-misc.kids contributer there. Then that too, grew too large
and imperonal. I still read it sometimes, but choose to remain
anonymous and silent.