Old May 8th 06, 06:34 AM posted to misc.kids

Default question about spacing of male siblings

Hi,

I have 3 sons aged 1, 4.5 and 6 years old. The oldest two are very
close and play a lot together, they also argue like any siblings do and
the older tends to boss the younger. They are very loyal to each other
and the older feels protective of the younger. Due to the closeness in
age they have many shared interests and activities, they share a room
and all their toys. Actually they play more together than separately or
with other friends.

They both adore the baby and play with him and have shown very little
jealousy. There is a special connection between my eldest and my baby.
My eldest often chooses to play with the baby over other activites. My
baby saves his biggest smiles and laughs for all the silly things DS1
does to amuse him. I should mention that DS1 really likes babies in
general which probably helps and DS2 tends to copy him.

I think having the boys close in age means there are many shared
activites, I can even read the same bedtime story to the older two. I
am also very close in age to my brother (less than 2 years apart) and
we are very close (both as children and adults).

I hope this helps,
Helen

Mum to:
Eran (Feb 2000)
Hillel (August 2001)
Uri (April 2005)

-L. wrote:
I am interested in hearing from people who have two male siblings who
are next to each other in birth order. How far apart are your boys,
and what kind of relationship do they have with each other? Do you
have other children as well? I am especially interested in first and
second-born boys. TIA for any input. We are contemplating adopting
again and most likely will be placed with a another boy although we are
not choosing gender. I am just wondering about spacing of two male
sibs, and how it affects their interactions with each other.
-L.