Old August 25th 05, 02:08 AM
Cindy Wells

"middletree" wrote in
eenews.net:

My twins are about to turn 4 on the 11th of next month.

snip

If I explain to them that she's very sick and has to be put down, then
I take her to the vet to do that, then they will get a negative
impression of doctors, and might also freak out whenever they or I get
sick. I obviously cannot sneak the cat out of the house and offer no
explanation. It's gonna be tough.

Leave out the part about putting down kitty and replace it with "the vet
may not be able to treat her because she's so old".

Cindy Wells
(I don't think they'd get as negative an impression esp. if you include
something about the lifespan of the housecat. I know big dogs are
elderly by age 7 but I'm not clear on the values for cats.)