Old September 3rd 03, 07:51 PM
Tine Andersen

Default Semantics and spelling [was: What I Saw in Target Today]

"New York Jen" skrev i en meddelelse
. net...

"iphigenia" wrote in message
Naomi Pardue wrote:
(Sorry, but this is a real peeve of mine... why must people refer to
them as 'boobs' and 'tits', rather than 'breasts?' Doesn't exactly
help with the acceptance factor...)

I always use "breast," as it's my own preference...

My REAL pet peeve, though, is the misspelling of "discreet" as

"discrete."
They have two entirely different meanings, folks!

Oh, what's worse is than/then, it's/its, you're/your, etc. I cringe to
myself every time I see that!

- Jen, the host to an inner grammar nazi

Imagine being me: a grammar nazi as well but only able to live up to my own
expectations in Danish. I know I make the mistakes but I'm too lazy to use
the vocabulary for EVERYTHING!

Tine, Denmark