Old September 3rd 03, 11:14 PM
Daye

Default What I Saw in Target Today

On Wed, 3 Sep 2003 14:49:44 +0200, "Tine Andersen"
wrote:

I forbid my MIL to tell my daughter that a dog was a bow-wow and a cat a
kitty.

We call them dogs. DD says, "Ruff! Ruff!" for dog. That is her
choice to call them that. She used to call a cat "Mao" until
recently. There was no prompting by us. She used the sound it made
because she could say that and communicate what she meant. She will
eventually use the right word.

She chose the word "bubble" for her pacifier (well, before she stopped
using one). She calls the swing at the park "higher" because that is
what she tells her Daddy to do when they are swinging. "Higher!
Higher!"

We don't really talk baby-talk around her. She has a mind of her own,
and she chooses words all the time. Sometimes it sounds like we
baby-talked her into them; sometimes not. However, with enough time
and development, she will use the right word.

--
Daye
Momma to Jayan