Old September 4th 03, 07:18 PM
Cathy Weeks

Default What I Saw in Target Today

"A&G&K" wrote in message ...

It's called 'Mum-Mum-milk' by the consumer at our house, and he thinks the
vending machines are called 'Mum-Mums'.

Our little 'consumer' pats them and says Boob-ba despite my best efforts
of trying to get her to say 'Mummy Milk'. I think it stems from DH always
asking her if she wanted "drinks from the boobery".

This is so funny! My husband always asked our daughter "do you want
the boob?" if he thought she was hungry. I asked him to quit, and just
say "do you want to nurse?" because the last thing I wanted was a
toddler who shouted "Mom, I want the boob!" when she wanted to nurse.
This was sometime around 14 months. She's now almost 21 months.

He thought I was silly, but agreed. Well, she's started to talk, and
her word for it is "deess." We think it came from "drink" but we're
not sure. However, she's been patting my chest and saying "boo-boo"
and I suspect she's remembering Chris calling them "boobs". She nods
to either "do you want to deess?" or "do you want to nurse?" so she
understands both. I was amused that even though Chris quit using
"boobs" in nursing context that she still remembered it, and might be
using it.

Cathy Weeks
Mommy to Kivi Alexis