Old November 11th 05, 04:01 AM
Kim

Default new to group

wrote in message
hello i'm new to this group. fresh out of divorce { well if you can call
that fresh } any way i have a 7 year old girl hanna and a 6 year old boy
josh . trying to make sure we as mom and dad keep our kids lives as normal
as possible we have joint phys custody and i'm confident in my parenting
abilities the reason for my first post is i need some new idea's for
cooking let's face it mom cooked and left me with hamburger's and such .
now i need to step up in this area any ideas will be apperciated

Ok more seriously... Learn to cheat... I do... I make 2 huge dinners over
the weekend... Like monster roasts or make double batches of things like
spaghetti sauce or whatever I want to make and I put it in the freezer for
the week...

I also search online during the week for different recipes that I like to
make that weekend... Print them off, buy the ingredients and cook on my days
off... If the recipe flops then we put it in the "icky" pile and burn it in
the fireplace LOL...

My trick was to always have either lots of fresh fruit and veggies in the
fridge so that if you are late coming home from work or soccer or whatever
you can grab an apple while tossing some of the freezer goodies in the oven
or microwave...

http://www.recipeland.com/ is a pretty decent site to visit and explore most
of the recipes are pretty tasty