Old October 21st 06, 01:45 PM posted to alt.support.single-parents
Solomother

Default Help???

You should make an appointment with your GP, your family doctor. Talk
about your health problems, but also talk about the health problems
your husband has, and see if your doc can recommend a family therapist.
You and your two children need to be in counseling even if your husband
won't agree to it.

A parent's first duty is to protect the children. If your health or
your husband's bi-polar issues are making your children unhappy, you
need to deal with that.

Is your husband on medications?

Some of the first steps towards being single: know your family
finances. Decide how and where you're going to leave -- can you go to
family? Will your husband leave? Do some research into scholarships and
grants, see if you can go back to school. You can't support a family on
$8/hour. These days, you can't do it on $20/hour!

Make a plan. How are you going to make ends meet? Where are you going
to live? Where will the children go to school/daycare? How do you
manage the mechanics of getting to school/work/aftercare? How can you
improve yourself to get a better job that pays more?

I wish you luck. I got onto an airplane with four 70 pound suitcases, a
3 year old, and $400 in my pocket. No home, no job, just the sure
knowledge that I was going somewhere that I had the support I needed.

Christina
http://solomother.com

wrote:
I'm 36 and i've been married for 16 years. I've known for awhile that
our marriage isnt going to last.
My husband is Bipolar, and my health problems, its difficult to even
think of being intimate. I'm tired of the roller coaster ride he puts
me on. He is moodier than any woman. If we seperate, how do you support
2 children on 8dollars an hour? That wont even pay rent. What things do
i need to know before we take the leap into the unknown?
Debi