Old May 16th 06, 05:16 AM posted to misc.kids

Default Big Kids Bed

heughins1 wrote:
My daughter is 16 months. I know this is quite young to start training her
on a big kids bed, but my younger daughter (3 months) is outgrowing her
cradle. We cannot afford a second crib, so we need to start my oldest on a
big kids bed. Does anyone have suggestions on how to do this?

We transitioned DS (now 2.25) to his own room and own twin bed at 18
mos. Prior to that he was in the crib in our nursery which is
connected to our master bedroom - either that or he coslept. We put
the crib matress on the floor as a stepping platform so that he could
get himself into and out of bed, and if he fell out, it would break his
fall. He never fell out, never had any problem, and really only had
three nights of waking and getting up - the first being fussy. After
that, he took to it like a fish to water. One thing I did was I
decorated his room in Pooh and he was delighted with the Pooh bedding.
I also arranged all of his stuffed babies up on the bed. It
immediately became his "special place" and he will often now go there
to play by himself.

Good luck!
-L.