Old January 8th 04, 05:09 PM
Karen

Default Update: Possibly joining the gall bladder sx ranks...

Saw my GP today. He is pretty sure it's my gall bladder. Surprise,
surprise. I have an ultrasound tomorrow and an appt with the surgeon
next Friday. Dr R said that even if the u/s shows nothing remarkable
that the surgeon could order more tests to see what was going on so I
should just go ahead and make the appt. I'm supposed to stay on the
bland diet, go to the ER if I spike a fever or start vomiting or the
pain becomes severe. He was thinking of giving me Bentyl(sp?) but
decided against it because I'm breastfeeding.

Thanks Phoebe for the tip about fiber. I had a bowl of oatmeal last
night and it was far and away the best post-meal result. I think I'll
be eating a lot of oatmeal for the next few weeks:-) Good thing I like
it.

Karen