Old June 7th 04, 10:04 AM
Stephanie J

Default Navigating the maze of caregivers and birth choices

Too tired to do a big response to this tonight - though I sure want to I
just wanted to pop in a note to say that I have known you online for a few
years now (on CBIRTH and here, though not usually saying much) and I really
admire the way you've let yourself grow. Not just because I agree with you,
though that helps I've known a few women who have gone through lots of
growth and ended up at the other end o the spectrum - going from homebirths
to epidural/hospital births. I do admire them too, because they had been
through enough to know what they wanted from the next birth. Even if I
didn't understand it at the time. They did the research and soul-searching
to come to the right decision for their situation.

I will try to respond to some of the points that jumped out at me tomorrow

Stephanie
mom to 7 living kids - 4 hospital births, 3 unassisted homebirths, 1
medically assisted miscarriage and 6 (known) unassisted miscarriages
17, 15, 12, 8, 6, 3 and 1

"Jenrose" wrote in message
s.com...
Kat's thread on Will's birth story really got me thinking about the past
couple weeks. You see, with my daughter's hospital birth, I did everything
"right" that I knew about at the time in order to have a positive birth
experience, and to put it bluntly, it sucked. Well, 11 years later, having
taken part in other women's births as a doula, going through childbirth
education, working at a midwifery magazine for 7 1/2 years, you'd think

I'd
have it made as to getting things "right", no?

(snipped for now)

I'm just not going to argue with someone when I've got a precious new baby
in my arms. I'm not going to argue while I'm trying to bring that baby

into
the world. I want to be able to access care if and when I need it, without
being yelled at or condescended to.

I'm really convinced that while this may be a lot to ask, it really SHOULD
NOT be too much to ask.

Jenrose