Old May 17th 04, 05:29 PM
Fer

Default Midwives and my birth/story

Jill wrote:
|| Argh. While my husband is holding the baby, I just wanted to post
|| about my birth experience. (Motherhood is great! But ouch....I am in
|| soooooo much pain, a whole week later! read on...)
snipped birth story

Ohhhh I am sorry that things didn't go better for you Jill. Until you've
gone through a delivery with your caregiver it seems pretty difficult to
really *know* how your birth will be managed by them. Although I do agree
with some of the other posters that it is easy for another caregiver to look
back and tell you how they think it could have been managed better.

As for your tears, it sounds *just* like mine and I had forceps as well with
my first. Those tools, while helpful, do seem to cause a lot of damage! It
took me four weeks to sit properly and it took months for my 'dissolvable
stitches to go away! So I would suggest sitz baths with Epsom salts, the
herbal bath Ericka suggested, witch hazel pads, sit on harder surfaces and
take it EASY

Hopefully in the future things will go better for you!
--?

Jenn
-DS Feb'92
-DD Feb'97