Old April 16th 04, 06:00 PM

Default back child support

Matt B. wrote:

: Each state has its own way of doing things, but in Ohio any money given
: directly to the mother or child is considered a gift, and does not count
: towards the court ordered child support. In Ohio they do not care what
: arrangements you have with the mother. If is not done thru them then it has
: no merit, even if the mother says otherwise. Fathers in Ohio have to
: basicly take it up the ass and smile.

In California, one can write "Child Support" on the memo line of the check
if it's given outside of the DA's office. I did so. I voluntarily
paid Child Support to the mother before the court garnished my paycheck
(dontcha just love that). I wrote "Child Support" on the check. Later
they tried to tell me I was in arrears because they were slow setting
up the garnishment. I countered with copies of the checks and they
later deducted it from the obligation (but they also attempted to garnish
yet more for the "underpayment" until we cleared it up with them.).

I actually got a small refund from the for my "overpayment".

Government idiots in our lives.... (San Francisco DA's office)

b.