Old July 22nd 03, 03:25 AM
CME

Default help me keep my son from perpetuating the cycle of abuse (very long)

"Cele" wrote in message
On Sat, 19 Jul 2003 18:55:57 GMT, "CME"
wrote:

Yeah, mine was probably when I left home and realized how bloody naive I
was. The only thing that kept me alive was that I had brains, and I

learned
fast. I even remember spending a cold, hungry night outside walking the
piers of Victoria because I had no where else to go. What a rough
awakening. But my truly defining moment didn't come until later, when I
became pregnant. I knew I was responsible for someone other than myself,
and I needed to get my **** together. I'm proud that I've made it.

Hey, did you grow up in Victoria??? When did you leave? I went to Vic
High.....

I wonder if we know each other? Or do I vaguely remember that you're
younger than I am?

Cele

I'm 27, and I didn't leave Edmonton, for Victoria until 1994. I lived a few
months in Vancouver as well... boy do I miss the ocean. Perhaps after
Graduate school, I'll look for work out there. I find I can't tolerate the
winters here anymore, they're too long.

Christine