Old February 28th 05, 12:13 AM
toypup

"nimue" wrote in message
daughter from her nap because she was so tired. I do not have children.
know that I would NEVER leave my baby (if I had one) alone in a car, but
maybe I am just paranoid -- maybe, since I don't have kids, I just don't
understand. What should I do? Should I mention it again, more forcefully
this time? Am I just being paranoid? I would like to hear from some
parents on this. As for the neighborhood -- it's ok. It's not great and
not terrible -- just ok. Lord, I can tell you all that I am concerned
about
my friendship with this woman right now because I feel as if I should
mention this again way more forcibly, but I would like some advice first.
Thanks.

I have children and I do not leave my kids in the car for more than a minute
out of my sight. There's a law against that here, thank goodness, and it
states exactly that. We can't leave our kids in the car alone out of our
sight for more than a minute, so I only do it long enough to walk literally
a few feet from the driveway to the door of the dcp and step in to sign one
child in or out. It only take a few seconds, but I lock the vehicle door
and I put the emergency brake on. I've had GP's on both sides and friends
suggest I leave on or both kids in the car on different occasions, but
that's not me. I have a fear that something terrible might happen and then
I couldn't forgive myself for not following my heart.