Old February 2nd 07, 06:01 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Susan M

Default 39w1d decrease in fundal height

I saw the doc yesterday and she said that I was 80% effaced and fingertip
dilated. I gather that its not exactly predictive of any certain time for
delivery except that I've had lots of cervical discomfort and strong cramps
on and off for the last two days. I'd say its getting closer anyway.

In any case, she gave me my records to carry around with me to the hospital
and, until this week, my fundal height had corresponded exactly with the
number of weeks pregnant that I am. At 38 weeks I was 38 cm but at the 39
week appointment it decreased to 37 cm. I haven't gained weight in three
weeks either. Do you think this just means that the baby has moved farther
down or should I be concerned about his growth or lack thereof at this time?
She didn't mention it to me so evidently she's not alarmed. It just seemed
strange.

Thanks,

Susan M