Old March 20th 08, 05:14 PM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.support.foster-parents,alt.dads-rights.unmoderated,alt.parenting.spanking
Greegor

Default TULSA, Okla. - Some foster kids have Reactive AttachmentDisorder.

On Mar 20, 7:02*am, SRplus wrote:
On Mar 20, 2:43 am, fx wrote:

Some foster kids have disorder

http://www.fox23.com/mostpopular/sto...4d7bb7ac-b16a-....

Turns out, these moms adopted children who all have a brain disorder
called Reactive Attachment Disorder.

And during that time, Tina says her daughter's brain developed
differently than most kids, because of the trauma. *"They use the
back
part of the brain, they're in a flight or fight mode, which they're
disconnected from the emotional part."

There is NO definite brain science

Isn't that basically an oxymoron anyway?

to back up these statements.
None. *The point is that if you lay it off to the brain, you don't
have to look anywhere else for a way to help fix it, such as how
adults interact w.kids, how learning and living environments are set
up and managed.

These are common behaviors across many cases. *There are tons of
whacko therapists who suggest making kids beg for food and water,
holding them against their wills, and more crazy **** to "break down
the child's walls and make them look to the new parent as THE source
for love, safety, etc." *These techniques are abuse, plain and simple.

I saw a foster/adopter once in a library talking with the
librarian about a RAD kid, right in front of the kid,
and I got some wierd vibes from the way she presented it.

1. Came across as comparable to a person talking about their dog.

2. Presentation made Foster "special" and the center of attention.

Despite all of this, Reactive Attachment Disorder is
not a complete mystery, particularly where a child
is moved through 5 different foster homes.

CPS has never used the "First, Do no harm." motto.

To quote a prosecutor "This is what we do."
To quote a caseworker "I'm just doing my job."

( "Arbeit Macht Frei", "I was just following orders!" )

Right, SRplus?