Old June 13th 07, 08:02 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Jamie Clark

Default Baby names and NO idea

"NL" wrote in message
beyond the pale wrote:

LOl but really, I feel like if I have nothing else ready that's fine but
it's too bad not to have a name. This means I will surely go into labor
early and will not be prepared.

I know the feeling. I have a girl name and we're all pretty sure it will
be a girl. (Sara Katrin) but all of a sudden the baby doesn't "feel" like
a Sara anymore, plus I just found out Sara/Sarah is number 7 in the most
popular names list this year. YAY. So now I'm trying to find another girl
name with an S. And there aren't any! I like Salome but Sam already vetoed
it and I kind of don't see me yelling "Salomeeeeeeeeeeeee" on the
playground, Stefanie, Sonja, Susanne, Sabine all make me shudder because I
know at least one of each who was a stupid cow. I like Sandra, but that's
my cousins name. And really there aren't that many more that are
pronouncable in german as well as in english/french. I like biblical names
even though I don't "do" god/religion, simply because they're usually
pronouncable in any language. I like Abigail, but in german... No go.
Besides, doesn't start with an S. I like Ruth, but Sam doesn't. He wants a
Sara Anna but Anna's my mothers name so I vetoed that *lol*.
I hate picking out names. For Sam it took nearly the whole pregnancy and
even then I wasn't sure, but I looked at him and he was a Samuel
Christoph, so that was alright.
I have no boy name. It better be a girl.

What about Sabrina? Or Sadie? Do Sophie or Sophia work in German? What
about Simone? What about Sarabeth, and you could call her Sara? Serafina?
Serena? Shannon? Sharilyn? Shayla? Shelby? Sylvia? Sydney? Sybil?
Susannah? Stacey? Spencer? Sloane? Sigrid?

All that said, I will go with Sara Katrin if I don't have some kind of
epiphany or a name comes to me in my sleep.

Frankly, I like it. It sounds like it resonates, and who cares if it's a
popular name. It's your kid. And it's not a bad name, or trendy sounding.
It's classic.

I also haven't done a thing concerning baby furniture. I have 3 plastic
boxes of clothes (one for newborn, and the other two for the larger
sizes), they're stackable and I used a system like that for Sam. No
searching for clothes that fit, just put the too small ones away and grab
something from another bin.
I'll have to figure out where to put the changing-thing which is currently
in Sams room being used as his dresser, but he agreed that the baby can
have it, so that's ok. It's not like she'll need the drawers anyway. Then
I'll have to work out where to put my large desk which is currently in my
bedroom "holding" most of my sewing stuff. There'a really no other place
for it though. UGH. I hate having to move furniture around!

Well, another 2.5 months, that's plenty of time, right? Right?

Yup, plenty of time!

--

Jamie
Earth Angels: