How old is too old?

Old November 13th 04, 10:35 PM
A&G&K&H

"Elfanie" wrote in message
On Sun, 14 Nov 2004 11:29:10 +0400, "R. Roberts"
wrote:
In march of this year Tammy came over for a photoshoot when she was 36
weeks pregnant - I also do pregnancy portrait photography. Here are
the pictures we took that day...
http://www.birthdiaries.com/privatetammy/

Stephanie - the photos are beautiful. ...and so precious now.
Amanda

--
DD 15th August 2002
1 tiny angel Nov 2003

Old November 13th 04, 11:06 PM
Christine

I wouldn't want my children to go through some
of the things that I have endured just in 22
years.

How long has your mom been sick?

I think women are waiting to have babies later in life now, because of
many different reasons, people are taking better care of themselves,
which means healthier,longer lives nowadays, and I think women are more
=91=91ready=92=92 to settle down and devote their life to their family.

But I do have a concern for the twins too, because common sense should
of told her that it might not be wise in her late 50's...

Christine..

http://community.webtv.net/christine133/Chloeandcompany

Old November 13th 04, 11:13 PM
Carol Ann

**** happens, quite honestly you sound like a typical
younger child who feels they got the **** deal in life and never quit
gets over themselves... Poor me syndrome.

Andrea

My brother is just like that. You would swear we were raised by different
parents in different times. I have NO idea where he got his "poor me"
memories. All I recall is having a blast until I hit high school.

He's just a selfish son who blames Mommy and Daddy for his 'loser'
mentality.

~Carol Ann
Who is so OVER her loser brother..........

Old November 13th 04, 11:23 PM
Carol Ann

I just wanted to know everyone's views on how old it too old to have a
child?

I question this too about my own life (not someone elses).

Anyways, I lost my father when I was 16 and I thought I was going to lose

my
mother this February.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

I am not trying to sound selfish or rude in anyway but I would never do
this to my kids.

So if you accidentally get pregnant at, let's say, 30, you will terminate
the pregnancy due to age?

I understand that people want children so badly but
sometimes its not supposed to happen.

I think in the 59 year old mother's case it WAS suppose to happen since she
took proactive measures to prevent it and it STILL happened (allegedly).

I really think God gave me to my
mother so I could help her out in her later years like I do now.

Are you bitter about this?

I do not mind helping my mother out
its just hard to sit back and see other people my age going shopping with
their moms, getting their hair done with them and everything that mothers
should do with their daughters.

Oh give me a break!!! My mother had me when she was 20 and I still didn't
go shopping and get my hair done with her she lost her husband and I made
the decision to move home and help her out.

What the heck??? "Everything that mothers should do with their
daughters"??? What the......ARGH!!!!!!!!!!

You sound like me whiney, loser brother who says he wanted a Mommy who
stayed home and cooked meals and played with him...who hugged him and said,
"I love you. I love you." Hug, hug, hug...

Well, I certainly didn't hear him complaining when she bought the THIRD car
for him or when she paid for his Georgia Tech college tution only to have
him drop out a few semesters shy of graduating....or even now, at his age
(over 40) I don't hear him complaining when she lets him stay at her home
and not work for more than 3 years b/c he claims he "needs a break". Oh and
do I hear him complaining when he doesn't lift one friggin finger to help
her with anything...not even doing her dishes...I swear he eats her food and
then washes his own dishes and leaves her.

WHAT A WHINEY SISSY! I CAN'T STAND PEOPLE LIKE THIS!!!!!!!!!

Oh my goodness, sorry. ;-) I went off on a tangent.

What were you saying??

~Carol Ann

Old November 14th 04, 12:28 AM
Nan

On Sun, 14 Nov 2004 14:19:19 +0400, "R. Roberts"
scribbled:

I am really not trying to upset anyone. For me its very hard to see my
mother in the shape she is in. I am 22 yrs old and I do not have any
children yet but I wouldn't want my children to go through some of the
things that I have endured just in 22 years. I think it a wonderful thing
that the 57 yr old could even have children but what are those kids going to
do when she passes and they are only 18? Medicine cannot make you live
forever.

I am very sorry about your friend Tammy. That is a tragedy. Those are very
beautiful pictures by the way. She looked very happy. I understand your
point of view also and I know that I can't change anything I just wanted to
know what everyone thought.

I lost my mother when I was only 26. As someone said, there are no
guarantees.
I do understand how you feel, and I fully believe that anyone wanting
children at an advanced age should think about the impact it may (
more likely than not ) have... My dh and I are 40 and 41. We just had
our 2nd, 7 months ago. We think about their future as we're older,
every now and then. But we choose to live in the present, as well.

Nan
Old November 14th 04, 12:31 AM
Nan

On Sun, 14 Nov 2004 09:50:37 +1300, Unadulterated Me
scribbled:

R. Roberts wrote:

This women had In Vitro fertilization.

Not according to the article, they were naturally conceived and a surprise.

No, that was the great-grandmother, who is 59. This woman is 57 and
did use in-vitro.

Nan

Old November 14th 04, 12:46 AM
Christine

Oh give me a break!!! My mother had me when
she was 20 and I still didn't go shopping and
get my hair done with her she lost her husband
and I made the decision to move home and
help her out.

This poor OP....I really dont think she meant to raise this much
attention, but the =91=91topic=92=92 is a very good one,,,so OP please
dont take what I say personal, I'm just using you and your mom as
examples now..

Anyway, I have a feeling that her mom would =91=91want=92=92 to be able
to do things as much as she would want her mom to be able to do things..
i'm sure that she (the Mom ) does have the feeling that she is a burden
to her daughter, BUT if her daughter didnt not have this attitude
towards her then she might not feel this way, I dont think the OP could
have these feelings and her mom not know it, its hard to cover these
=91=91type=92=92 of feelings...

It hits home for me because I sure hope Chloe doesnt feel this way if i
would become ill.

It was really nice of you CarolAnn to move in with your mom, I lived
with my mom for years and I still miss her BAD,,,I live 17 mins. away
from her..;-)) I see her almost everyday, but still miss the morning
coffee together.............It seems like you and your moms have the
same kind of relationship as my mom and I ( CLOSE) ;-))))

Old November 14th 04, 12:51 AM
Christine

I feel for you, and understand that you feel its
unfair you should be robbed of your mom at
your age .

I somehow get the feeling that she is disappointed and feels her mom is
a burden to her.

Old November 14th 04, 12:57 AM
Jill

"Elfanie" wrote
And I have to say that since being pregnant with this baby *pats
belly*...I miss tammy so much it physically hurts sometimes. I want
her here so badly that my heart aches.
but she didn't plan that...none of us did. you just...never know what
life will bring, so you enjoy each and every moment of it.

I was devastated to read this post. I am SO very sorry to hear of stories
like this. Thank you for posting it because it does put things in
perspective- we don't know what's coming for tomorrow. We are lucky to have
had today.

I am saying a prayer for you and Tammy and her family and loved ones right
now.

Jill

Old November 14th 04, 12:58 AM
Jill

"A&G&K&H" wrote
Stephanie - the photos are beautiful. ...and so precious now.
Amanda

They are. Very very touching and precious and bittersweet....