Is Anybody Still Here?

Old April 24th 08, 03:38 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Leslie

Default Is Anybody Still Here?

I came by to say hi and am so dismayed by all the spam! It makes me
sad to think of what this group used to be like just a few years ago.
Where does everyone go now for bf discussion/questions?

Who's still here? I miss you all. Lorelei is 3years and 5 months and
still nursing for naps and bedtime (occasionally during the night,
too!).

Leslie
Old April 24th 08, 04:56 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Jodi B

I'm here (DS is 7 months old, I came here for advice when he was first born
but I've lurked since around '01).

LiveJournal has a really great BFing support community now. I am sad that
USENET is going by the wayside though.

Old April 24th 08, 05:25 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Pologirl

I am still here, now and then. Monkey Boy is 4 and Hungry Girl is 1.5
and still nursing. I don't read any other forums; no time for
hanging out online and the computer doubles as Hungry Girl's nursing
station. I can NAK but it is difficult to be AK without N. :-)

Pologirl
Old April 24th 08, 08:18 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
NL

I'm still reading ;-) Sara is nearly 8 months old now, we have kinda
sorta started solids but she's definitely getting those more for
entertainment than for nutrition... She doesn't like pumpkin much and
she gets constipated from it, too (no, I do not know how a kid can
manage 3 days constipation from 1 TB pumpkin).
I'm giving her "rice waffles" (popped rice pressed into round shape,
some call it edible Styrofoam...) but since she likes making choking
noises for fun (i.e. when she's got nothing in her mouth) because I come
running when she does that I'm not that keen on her eating those things
right now. Choking noises with rice waffle bits in mouth are not my idea
of a fun time ;-). But dang she loves those things because it's
something she can eat herself, meaning, I give it to her willingly and
don't usually take it away, unlike paper, shoes, hair clips, hand cream,
pens,....
Have I mentioned I have an octopus? She can reach everything and I'm
nearly sure she has little suction cups on her finger tips so she can
grab stuff better. Eating while nursing is no longer an option ;-)

cu
nicole
Old April 25th 08, 05:04 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
MarieD[_2_]

"Leslie" wrote in message
I came by to say hi and am so dismayed by all the spam! It makes me
sad to think of what this group used to be like just a few years ago.
Where does everyone go now for bf discussion/questions?

Who's still here? I miss you all. Lorelei is 3years and 5 months and
still nursing for naps and bedtime (occasionally during the night,
too!).

Hi Leslie, I remember you! We seemed to have much in common.
I am no longer bf, Bethany stopped shortly before her 5th birthday so I am
all done. I still hope to one day be an LC and a birth doula so I like to
hang around the "scene". I am not on any bf discussion groups besides this
one. MySpace has several groups though, I was on some toddler nursing ones
for awhile but I couldn't keep up with all the posts.
Marie

Old April 25th 08, 03:30 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Irrational Number

Leslie wrote:

I came by to say hi and am so dismayed by all the spam! It makes me
sad to think of what this group used to be like just a few years ago.
Where does everyone go now for bf discussion/questions?

Who's still here? I miss you all. Lorelei is 3years and 5 months and
still nursing for naps and bedtime (occasionally during the night,
too!).

I'm here. Pillbug weaned at 17 months, bur Rocky
just weaned at 2y9m in February.

-- Anita --
Old April 26th 08, 03:43 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Stormlady

I still lurk around too. Rhiannon weaned (with help from me) around the
same age as Rocky, and new little one in Sept will hopefully do just as
well.

Old April 26th 08, 01:58 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Chookie

In article
,
Leslie wrote:

I came by to say hi and am so dismayed by all the spam! It makes me
sad to think of what this group used to be like just a few years ago.
Where does everyone go now for bf discussion/questions?

Who's still here? I miss you all. Lorelei is 3years and 5 months and
still nursing for naps and bedtime (occasionally during the night,
too!).

I check every week or so.

waves

I am more active on mk these days, though there's plenty of spam there too!

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

http://chookiesbackyard.blogspot.com/
Old April 26th 08, 03:51 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
NL

Chookie schrieb:
snip
I am more active on mk these days, though there's plenty of spam there too!

And trolls, but we like the trolls, at least they make funny noises when
poked...

cu
nicole - NAK (I never thought I'd get to write that again)
Old April 27th 08, 03:16 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
betsy

On Apr 23, 7:38 pm, Leslie wrote:
I came by to say hi and am so dismayed by all the spam! It makes me
sad to think of what this group used to be like just a few years ago.
Where does everyone go now for bf discussion/questions?

Who's still here? I miss you all. Lorelei is 3years and 5 months and
still nursing for naps and bedtime (occasionally during the night,
too!).

Leslie

I'm still here, my 3yr 5mo old daughter self weaned in Feb after my
baby was born. She said she didn't like the baby milk.

--Betsy