First ear infection...:-(

Old September 20th 04, 05:46 PM
shixa

Default First ear infection...:-(

Yesterday morning V woke up screaming his poor little head off and was
just inconsolable (which is unusual since we can usually find
*something* in our bag of tricks to calm him) and my Ped's office has
weekend hours so we made an appt and he has an ear infection caused by
drainage from teething (his bottom two are just now showing thru)

Anyway, we started him on the anti-biotics and gave him the numbing
drops but he still is screaming bloody murder from time to time and I
was wondering -- do you think it's more from the teething since they
are in the 'erupting' stage or more from the ear infection? And if
you think it may be more his ears is it okay to give the numbing drops
more than 3x per day?

Also any other calming/soothing suggestions are welcome.
TIA!

Carla
Mom to Victor Paul born 5.16.04
www.victorpictures.com --See him here!
Old September 20th 04, 05:56 PM
Jill

"shixa" wrote in message
Yesterday morning V woke up screaming his poor little head off and was
just inconsolable (which is unusual since we can usually find
*something* in our bag of tricks to calm him) and my Ped's office has
weekend hours so we made an appt and he has an ear infection caused by
drainage from teething (his bottom two are just now showing thru)

awww, poor Victor. I hope he feels better soon!

Jill

Old September 20th 04, 10:52 PM
Tara

Also any other calming/soothing suggestions are welcome.

Poor baby! Would a heating pad help?

Tara

Old September 21st 04, 03:50 AM
Vicky Bilaniuk

shixa wrote:

Anyway, we started him on the anti-biotics and gave him the numbing
drops but he still is screaming bloody murder from time to time and I
was wondering -- do you think it's more from the teething since they
are in the 'erupting' stage or more from the ear infection?

I would bet ear infection, since they hurt like hell. I can clearly
remember the last one I had. IIRC, I think that sucking on popsicles
worked well for me, but I was around 7 or 8 with that last one. I can't
remember for sure what happened with the earlier ones, except that the
antibiotic tended to work quickly (I can definitely remember noticing an
improvement in symptoms by the next day). I don't know what anyone did
for me as a baby, but when I was older, they gave me some sort of pain
killer in chewable pill form.

And if
you think it may be more his ears is it okay to give the numbing drops
more than 3x per day?

I don't know. What about infant Tylenol, or something?

Poor little guy. I remember many of my ear infections, and the memories
aren't pleasant.
Old September 21st 04, 07:53 AM
A&G&K&H

"shixa" wrote in message
[...]

Oh poor little guy - I hope he feels better soon.
Amanda

--
DD 15th August 2002
1 tiny angel Nov 2003