kfc, drawing, tattoo's and kids.

Old December 19th 03, 01:08 AM
Bruce and Jeanne

Default kfc, drawing, tattoo's and kids.

chiam margalit wrote:

"user" wrote in message
. com...
FWIW, why don't you let her draw on herself, or try washable kids tatoos?
All of my kids have tried it at one time or another. It's fun, and it washes
off, so what's the big deal?

Apparently your child has not yet used many colored permanent sharpies
to draw all over her arms and legs right before she has to attend a
formal event. Once this has happened to you, you'll know what the big
deal is.

Marjorie

DD did that this past summer with a friend. They just had to live with
red ink marks on their faces for a week or two. It taught them to be
careful what they use to "tattoo" themselves. I recently bought her
temporary "tattoo" markers, so she can draw and stamp on herself.

Jeanne
Old December 19th 03, 02:24 AM
iphigenia

Bruce and Jeanne wrote:

Hmmm...I think you're putting too much intellect into my daughter's
question (she's only 6). I think the question DD was asking was
"Why was Mary unknown? No one knew who she was."

In that case I'm not clear what the question is; Mary actually gets more
coverage than Joseph, IIRC. Who did you daughter think should have known who
she was, that didn't?

--
tristyn
www.tristyn.net

Old December 19th 03, 02:25 AM
iphigenia

Hillary Israeli wrote:

Short answer: as long as no bleeding occurs during the pregnancy, no
- not until after childbirth.

Medium answer: if you bleed during pregnancy, you are niddah.

Ah, OK. Thanks : )

Old December 19th 03, 02:32 AM
iphigenia

0tterbot wrote:

for goodness sake, if someone has visible tattoos they won't mind
anyone noticing (obviously).

I don't have any tats (though there are a couple ideas I have had for a
while...maybe one of these days!), but I have to say, if I spent all the
time, effort, and money on getting one, I'd want people to notice it!
They're artwork!

Old December 19th 03, 04:52 PM
Cheryl S.

"Bruce and Jeanne" wrote in message
iphigenia wrote:

Bruce and Jeanne wrote:

And sometimes the questions are just hard to
answer or even to understand. The latest one
she's asking people is "Why wasn't Mary known?"

The context on that took me a minute to place, heh.
Does she have any notion of what the Biblical
euphemism really means?
Maybe just "because she hadn't gotten married yet."

Hmmm...I think you're putting too much intellect into my
daughter's question (she's only 6). I think the question
DD was asking was "Why was Mary unknown? No
one knew who she was." By the way, this is coming
from a child ignorant in Judeo-Christian doctrine. We
(her parents) don't go to any church. I was not brought
in any church/temple while DH has pretty much rejected
his religious upbringing.

IDK, I think too that she heard somewhere, somehow "Mary wasn't known"
and since she doesn't know the Biblical meaning of the word, the
sentence just doesn't make any sense to her. That's why she's asking
about it. Depending on what you want her to know I'd just say something
like "it's a different meaning of the word "known" and it means Mary was
a virgin."
--
Cheryl S.
Mom to Julie, 2 yr., 8 mo.

Cleaning the house while your children are small is like
shoveling the sidewalk while it's still snowing.