Tipped Womb

Old April 10th 08, 10:34 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
lu-lu

Default Tipped Womb

Hi all

This is a question for a friend. She's about 10 weeks pregnant. She had an
U/S at 9 weeks as she thought she was further gone that she actually was. At
the U/S, they couldn't find the baby, and so did a tansvaginal U/S, and
found the baby and told her she had a tipped/tilted womb (retroverted).
She's due to have the next ultrasound in a couple of weeks, so that she
still gets her 12 week scan, but she's just wondering if it will affect her
labour/pregnancy. Her colleague told her that she'd had one and that it made
labour very painful, but could it be that the colleague just had a bad
labour as I heard that the womb should 'correct' itself during the second
trimester. A lot of the places I've looked online have just told me about
the difficulties in conceiving, but not a lot about the actualy labour and
pregnancy.

Thanks

Lucy x

Old April 10th 08, 02:34 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
betsy

On Apr 10, 2:34 am, "lu-lu" wrote:
found the baby and told her she had a tipped/tilted womb (retroverted).
She's due to have the next ultrasound in a couple of weeks, so that she
still gets her 12 week scan, but she's just wondering if it will affect her
labour/pregnancy. Her colleague told her that she'd had one and that it made
labour very painful, but could it be that the colleague just had a bad
labour as I heard that the womb should 'correct' itself during the second
trimester. A lot of the places I've looked online have just told me

Mine has always corrected itself during pregnancy. I have had fast
and easy labors that I consider less painful than average.

--Betsy
Old April 10th 08, 04:54 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Sue

I have a retroverted uterus and it didn't bother labor in any way. The first
baby was posterior, but I don't think that had anything to do with the
uterus. The other two babies were positioned just fine. It's a pretty common
variant.
--
Sue (mom to three girls)

Old April 10th 08, 05:22 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Nan

On Thu, 10 Apr 2008 10:34:09 +0100, "lu-lu" wrote:

[...]

Mine was also retroverted. My first labor was more painful than the
last two.

Nan

Old April 10th 08, 05:23 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Jamie Clark

By the time you have a 7+ baby in your womb, plus the placenta and all that
amniotic fluid, a tipped or tilted uterus looks pretty much like any other
uterus. It doesn't affect labor at all. Position of the baby can affect
labor, but not whether or not your uterus was tilted prior to pregnancy.

--

Jamie Clark

Old April 11th 08, 07:45 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
[email protected]

Its super common - 20% of women...which includes me, mom of three. By
10-12 weeks, it straightens itself out. Certainly made no difference
during pregnancy, labour, delivery.

M.

Stress harmsbrain in the womb Jan Drew General 0 February 7th 07 12:10 PM
Noises from the womb? Jamie Pregnancy 3 March 16th 05 04:31 PM
womb names that stick Zen Cohen Pregnancy 12 May 10th 04 12:05 AM
Saddam: Physically Punished in the WOMB! Chris General 15 February 3rd 04 01:54 AM
CTTS-mentorship in the womb Sumita Pregnancy 1 July 22nd 03 09:50 PM