Tubal Ligation Failures

Old September 17th 04, 01:07 AM
mypet

Default Tubal Ligation Failures

We have two friends with very small children (1 with an 8 mo. old baby
and another with a 2 yr. old baby) who had tubal ligations
immediately after giving birth and now are pregnant!
One had her procedure done in CA the other in TN. Has anyone here on
the group had this happen!
Old September 17th 04, 01:14 AM
Denise Anderson

"mypet" wrote in message
om...
We have two friends with very small children (1 with an 8 mo. old baby
and another with a 2 yr. old baby) who had tubal ligations
immediately after giving birth and now are pregnant!
One had her procedure done in CA the other in TN. Has anyone here on
the group had this happen!

One of my friends had a set of twins after her tubal, the twins passed away
shortly after birth and recently she had a tubal pregnancy..

Denise

Old September 17th 04, 02:56 AM
Puester

mypet wrote:

We have two friends with very small children (1 with an 8 mo. old baby
and another with a 2 yr. old baby) who had tubal ligations
immediately after giving birth and now are pregnant!
One had her procedure done in CA the other in TN. Has anyone here on
the group had this happen!

I have had no problems, nor has my SIL or five friends
that I can think of offhand. Of course I had warned my
OB before the surgery that if I had a baby after the tubal,
he would raise it.

One friend had a rhythm baby, a pill baby, an IUD baby and
decided to have a tubal after the third. The doctor had a
surgical resident who asked to observe the surgery. The
resident told my friend" Mrs. O, he not only cut and tied
your tubes, we stomped on 'em for good measure...."

;-)

gloria p
Old September 17th 04, 04:44 AM
Nan

On Fri, 17 Sep 2004 00:14:07 GMT, "Denise Anderson"
scribbled:

"mypet" wrote in message
. com...
We have two friends with very small children (1 with an 8 mo. old baby
and another with a 2 yr. old baby) who had tubal ligations
immediately after giving birth and now are pregnant!
One had her procedure done in CA the other in TN. Has anyone here on
the group had this happen!

One of my friends had a set of twins after her tubal, the twins passed away
shortly after birth and recently she had a tubal pregnancy..

Denise

You guys are scaring me. I've only had a half-assed period since A
was born on March 31. I'm no longer bf. I had some bad abdominal
pain for 2 days last week, but an hpt was neg.

My doc fouling up my c-section wouldn't surprise me if he fouled up
the tubal, also.

Nan

Old September 17th 04, 06:04 AM
Denise Anderson

"Nan" wrote in message

You guys are scaring me. I've only had a half-assed period since A
was born on March 31. I'm no longer bf. I had some bad abdominal
pain for 2 days last week, but an hpt was neg.

My doc fouling up my c-section wouldn't surprise me if he fouled up
the tubal, also.

Nan

Well if its any consolation, most of the women I know who have had tubals
have been fine My neighbor recently had a scare but it turned out to
some sort of fluid backup in her tubes. I didn't ask for too many details,
but an ultrasound confirmed everything was as it should be, I guess.

Denise

Old September 17th 04, 07:33 AM
A&G&K&H

"mypet" wrote in message
om...
We have two friends with very small children (1 with an 8 mo. old baby
and another with a 2 yr. old baby) who had tubal ligations
immediately after giving birth and now are pregnant!
One had her procedure done in CA the other in TN. Has anyone here on
the group had this happen!

Not me personally, but a friend has just given birth to #6 after having a
tubal after #5. (Her DH has since had a vasectomy .
Amanda

--
DD 15th August 2002
1 tiny angel Nov 2003

Old September 17th 04, 09:17 AM
Amy

"Puester" wrote in message
mypet wrote:

We have two friends with very small children (1 with an 8 mo. old baby
and another with a 2 yr. old baby) who had tubal ligations
immediately after giving birth and now are pregnant!
One had her procedure done in CA the other in TN. Has anyone here on
the group had this happen!

I have had no problems, nor has my SIL or five friends
that I can think of offhand. Of course I had warned my
OB before the surgery that if I had a baby after the tubal,
he would raise it.

LOL! Did you get it in writing?

Old September 17th 04, 01:41 PM
Sophie

"mypet" wrote in message
om...
We have two friends with very small children (1 with an 8 mo. old baby
and another with a 2 yr. old baby) who had tubal ligations
immediately after giving birth and now are pregnant!
One had her procedure done in CA the other in TN. Has anyone here on
the group had this happen!

Out of people I know who have had a tubal, I don't know any who got pregnant
afterwards.

I do know people who got pregnant after a vasectomy though.

Old September 17th 04, 04:39 PM
Circe

mypet wrote:
We have two friends with very small children (1 with an 8 mo. old
baby and another with a 2 yr. old baby) who had tubal ligations
immediately after giving birth and now are pregnant!

I don't know anyone personally who had this happen, but it's always been my
understanding that ligations performed immediately after birth are more
likely to fail than those done several months later. I have no idea why this
is the case, but I do believe it is true.
--
Be well, Barbara
Mom to Sin (Vernon, 2), Misery (Aurora, 5), and the Rising Son (Julian, 7)

This week's suggested Bush/Cheney campaign bumper sticker:
"Four More Wars!"

Old September 17th 04, 04:56 PM
Sophie

"Circe" wrote in message
mypet wrote:
We have two friends with very small children (1 with an 8 mo. old
baby and another with a 2 yr. old baby) who had tubal ligations
immediately after giving birth and now are pregnant!

I don't know anyone personally who had this happen, but it's always been

my
understanding that ligations performed immediately after birth are more
likely to fail than those done several months later. I have no idea why

this
is the case, but I do believe it is true.
--
Be well, Barbara
Mom to Sin (Vernon, 2), Misery (Aurora, 5), and the Rising Son (Julian, 7)

I've heard that it's cos there's more blood flow to that area. Those
*parts* are not in their natural state, so it doesn't always take. Everyone
I know got it done while they were still in the hospital though, and like I
said, I don't know anyone who got pregnant after a tubal.

Deadbeats Pammie1 Child Support 1332 August 29th 04 05:35 AM
Didn't know a tubal could reverse itself toypup Pregnancy 9 March 28th 04 02:21 AM
recovery after tubal ted Pregnancy 1 February 25th 04 06:01 PM
No-Spank Advocates turn to spanking after failures.... Kane Spanking 4 January 23rd 04 01:51 AM