Fao:Jamie Clark

Old February 15th 06, 06:55 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

Default Fao:Jamie Clark

How did the tests go today?

/thinking of you...

CY

Old February 15th 06, 10:55 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

"CY" wrote in message news:1gAIf.800343$xm3.10196@attbi_s21...
How did the tests go today?

/thinking of you...

Jamie, I just saw your original post. Just (((hugs))) and thinking of you
too.

--
Amy
Mum to Carlos born sleeping 20/11/02,

Old February 15th 06, 04:22 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

Thanks for all the good thoughts and well wishes, guys. It was pretty bad,
but ended up okay. She did not like the electrodes at all, and fought
against the technician. We had to swaddle her to keep her arms pinned,
and then lay across her. She got hysterical and mad and upset, and kept
saying that it hurt, and that she had to go pee pee on the potty, and that
she wanted to go home. Broke my heart. Finally, when they were all
on her, we had to wait for her to calm down, then eventually fall asleep,
which she did. After we were done, she didn't like them pulling the
electrodes off her, and got really upset about that too.

Once we got home, I asked her how she was doing, and how the morning had
gone. I asked her if she liked when they put the electrodes on her head and
she said, "yep. I liked when they painted on my head, too!" -- meaning the
scrubby stuff before they put the electrode on. She didn't like it at all,
but maybe it makes it easier to remember...

Anyway, now we wait to find out when the appointment with the neurologist
is.
--

Jamie
Earth Angels:

Guest
Password

Old February 16th 06, 01:53 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

"Jamie Clark" wrote in message

Once we got home, I asked her how she was doing, and how the morning had
gone. I asked her if she liked when they put the electrodes on her head

and
she said, "yep. I liked when they painted on my head, too!" -- meaning

the
scrubby stuff before they put the electrode on. She didn't like it at

all,
but maybe it makes it easier to remember...

Anyway, now we wait to find out when the appointment with the neurologist
is.

Poor petal. I'm glad she's decided to make them "good" memories.
Fingers crossed that they got the info they need and that all goes will for
the neurologist's appt.
Amanda
~~~~~~~~~~~
DD August 2002, ^i^ Nov 2003 & DS August 2004

'"Come to the edge," He said. They said, "We are afraid." "Come to the
edge," He said. They came. He pushed them ..... and they flew.' Guillaume
Apollinaire

Old February 17th 06, 04:33 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

I am amazed she fell asleep - did you end up being able to keep her up late
the night before as they had suggested? Sounds horrendous, but I am so glad
she seems to be feeling better, poor little mite. Keep us posted on the
results, won't you?
Hugs,
CY
[...]

Check out the family! -- www.MyFamily.com, User ID: Clarkguest1,
Password: Guest
Password

Old February 17th 06, 06:40 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

Yes, she stayed up until 11pm, and then dh was getting tired to turned off
the movie and *made* her go to bed. I think she would have stayed up all
night! I have no idea why or how.

Our pediatrician called today to tell us that her EEG results were normal.
She didn't have a seizure during the test and her brainwaves were all
normal. (duh, I knew that!). He said he's thinking that it's likely going
to end up being a genetic issue (again, duh...). I'm just not sure what he
was expecting or hoping to see, you know?

I'm taking her tomorrow to get some blood drawn...not looking forward to
that. : (
--

Jamie
Earth Angels:

Guest
Password

"CY" wrote in message
[...]

Become a member for free - go to Add Member to set up your own User ID
and Password

Old February 17th 06, 07:18 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

"Jamie Clark" wrote in message
Yes, she stayed up until 11pm, and then dh was getting tired to turned off
the movie and *made* her go to bed. I think she would have stayed up all
night! I have no idea why or how.

LOL, they surprise us always!

Our pediatrician called today to tell us that her EEG results were normal.
She didn't have a seizure during the test and her brainwaves were all
normal. (duh, I knew that!).

So, is the test only useful if a seizure is going on DURING the test? Seems
like a traumatic thing for such a young child for a test with such little
value - is it that way, or am I misunderstanding?

He said he's thinking that it's likely going
to end up being a genetic issue (again, duh...). I'm just not sure what
he was expecting or hoping to see, you know?

Yeah, me too...sounds like this might be a long road

I'm taking her tomorrow to get some blood drawn...not looking forward to
that. : (

Poor girl....poor mama. What are they going to test for - "genetic
issues"?? Grrr, the medical establishment can be so frustrating sometimes.
My mum suffers terrible migraines, and has done for at least the last 10
years. They take 3 days out of every 2 weeks or so of her life. Nothing
helps and nobody can figure out the triggers. It's so frustrating. Hope
this gets resolved for you guys FAST.

Hugs,
CY

Old February 17th 06, 12:26 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

CY wrote:

"Jamie Clark" wrote in message

Yes, she stayed up until 11pm, and then dh was getting tired to turned off
the movie and *made* her go to bed. I think she would have stayed up all
night! I have no idea why or how.

LOL, they surprise us always!

Our pediatrician called today to tell us that her EEG results were normal.
She didn't have a seizure during the test and her brainwaves were all
normal. (duh, I knew that!).

So, is the test only useful if a seizure is going on DURING the test? Seems
like a traumatic thing for such a young child for a test with such little
value - is it that way, or am I misunderstanding?

My daughter had an EEG at about 10 months for episodes she had that they
thought might be some sort of seizure. We got the same result as Jamie-
didn't have an episode during the test so they couldn't give us any
more information (she had normal brainwaves too). I guess maybe the
normal brainwaves rule out something? I don't know. They did try to
induce something with flashing lights. And they also wanted her to
fall asleep.

Thankfully, our daughter outgrew whatever it was.

Glad things went OK Jamie!

Mary W.

Old February 18th 06, 01:03 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

"CY" wrote in message
newsNeJf.804321$xm3.186909@attbi_s21...
"Jamie Clark" wrote in message
Yes, she stayed up until 11pm, and then dh was getting tired to turned
off the movie and *made* her go to bed. I think she would have stayed up
all night! I have no idea why or how.

LOL, they surprise us always!

Our pediatrician called today to tell us that her EEG results were
normal. She didn't have a seizure during the test and her brainwaves were
all normal. (duh, I knew that!).

So, is the test only useful if a seizure is going on DURING the test?
Seems like a traumatic thing for such a young child for a test with such
little value - is it that way, or am I misunderstanding?

I'm not sure. Certainly during part of it, they tried to induce a seizure.
They shined a bright flashing strobe light in her face, as that can
sometimes induce a seizure in some people. They talked about having her
blow repeatedly on a pinwheel, as hyperventilating can also bring seizures
on in some people, but by then she was pretty much sold out of patience, so
they nixed that idea. I *thought* that they could see some abnormal brain
activity even when not having a seizure, but maybe that's only with certain
types of seizures and seizure disorders.

He said he's thinking that it's likely going
to end up being a genetic issue (again, duh...). I'm just not sure what
he was expecting or hoping to see, you know?

Yeah, me too...sounds like this might be a long road

Actually, it's the shortest road. We're pretty much done with the testing,
and get on with the maintenence and back to daily living.

I'm taking her tomorrow to get some blood drawn...not looking forward to
that. : (

Poor girl....poor mama. What are they going to test for - "genetic
issues"?? Grrr, the medical establishment can be so frustrating
sometimes. My mum suffers terrible migraines, and has done for at least
the last 10 years. They take 3 days out of every 2 weeks or so of her
life. Nothing helps and nobody can figure out the triggers. It's so
frustrating. Hope this gets resolved for you guys FAST.

No, the blood test is to check the levels of the Depakote in her blood. It
was a total pain in the ass, finding a place to do the blood draw on a 3
year old with the lab insurance carrier that we have. Closest place that
they cover is over 50 miles away. I pushed and griped and made them find me
something closer, but it was still 20 miles away. It was in a skanky part
of a skanky town, and I do not want to go back there again, if I can help
it. The good news was that the women did a GREAT job taking Taylor's blood.
She cried most at the rubber band around her arm, and not at all about the
needle. The bad news is that they are going to need to check her blood
periodically as she grows, to make sure the dosage is correct. I've already
got the lab insurance company working on finding me someplace closer. But
what a pain in the butt!
--

Jamie
Earth Angels:

Guest
Password

Old February 18th 06, 08:23 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

I just love it when they test because they think they're supposed to
without actually giving you a full rundown of what the test can and
can't detect. Shiny's eye appointment was like that... "Well, her
visual behaviors are normal and I can't see any abnormalities, so come
back when she's old enough to tell us how well she sees..."

Sorry the insurance is such a PITA... Ours is, also, but at least they
don't make us travel more than 5 miles to a provider. They just don't
pay the contracted rate with the providers.

Family's experience sparked activism Roman Bystrianyk Kids Health 7 October 14th 05 01:58 PM
Clark County School District's Carlos Garcia is a Crook. [email protected] Kids Health 13 May 12th 05 01:51 PM
FAO Jamie Clark Sue Pregnancy 4 April 11th 05 09:15 PM
Quackpot news: FTC Vindicates Hulda Clark.... john Kids Health 92 December 15th 04 02:03 PM