action songs

Old February 22nd 07, 07:14 PM posted to misc.kids
Stephanie

Default action songs

Everyone knows Shake Your Sillies Out. I can think of a number of other
action song, like Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes. We use them every day.
Can anyone think of any more? Thanks

Stephanie

Old February 22nd 07, 07:17 PM posted to misc.kids
Clisby

Stephanie wrote:

Everyone knows Shake Your Sillies Out. I can think of a number of other
action song, like Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes. We use them every day.
Can anyone think of any more? Thanks

Stephanie

The Hokey-Pokey?

Clisby
Old February 22nd 07, 07:40 PM posted to misc.kids
Welches

"Stephanie" wrote in message
newsYlDh.32313$2w.29757@trndny09...
Everyone knows Shake Your Sillies Out. I can think of a number of other
action song, like Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes. We use them every day.
Can anyone think of any more? Thanks

I don't know "shake your sillies out". :-)
Ones we sing:
One finger one thumb keep moving
Hokey Cokey
Put your finger on your nose
Incy Wincy Spider
Grand old Duke of York
Oranges and Lemons
Here we go Looby Lou
Wibbly Wobbly Scarecrow (or snowman depending on the time of year)
Peter Rabbit's got a fly upon his nose
Miss Polly had a Dolly
The Winnie the Pooh exercise song (When I'm up, down, touch the ground)
Wheels on the bus
Hickory Dickory dock
Twinkle twinkle
Horsey Horsey, don't you stop
Banbury Cross
Hop, hop, hop, go and never stop

Debbie

Old February 22nd 07, 09:19 PM posted to misc.kids
Stephanie

"Welches" wrote in message
news

"Stephanie" wrote in message
newsYlDh.32313$2w.29757@trndny09...
Everyone knows Shake Your Sillies Out. I can think of a number of other
action song, like Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes. We use them every day.
Can anyone think of any more? Thanks

I don't know "shake your sillies out". :-)

You should! It's fun!

Ones we sing:
One finger one thumb keep moving
Hokey Cokey
Put your finger on your nose
Incy Wincy Spider
Grand old Duke of York
Oranges and Lemons
Here we go Looby Lou
Wibbly Wobbly Scarecrow (or snowman depending on the time of year)
Peter Rabbit's got a fly upon his nose
Miss Polly had a Dolly
The Winnie the Pooh exercise song (When I'm up, down, touch the ground)
Wheels on the bus
Hickory Dickory dock
Twinkle twinkle
Horsey Horsey, don't you stop
Banbury Cross
Hop, hop, hop, go and never stop

Debbie

Thanks! I don't know a lot of these and will have to look them up, which
will be fun. Thanks a ton.

Old February 22nd 07, 10:09 PM posted to misc.kids
xkatx

"Clisby" wrote in message
nk.net...

Stephanie wrote:

Everyone knows Shake Your Sillies Out. I can think of a number of other
action song, like Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes. We use them every day.
Can anyone think of any more? Thanks

Stephanie

The Hokey-Pokey?

Clisby

LOL dang... Beat me to it.
That's the only one I could think of...
Does "Itsy Bitsy Spider" count? You kinda do the little spider actions...

Old February 23rd 07, 01:27 AM posted to misc.kids
Clisby

Stephanie wrote:

Everyone knows Shake Your Sillies Out. I can think of a number of other
action song, like Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes. We use them every day.
Can anyone think of any more? Thanks

Stephanie

Another couple I thought of:

London Bridge Is Falling Down
The Ants Go Marching One By One ... (just have them march around and
around while they chant, and with any luck you'll tire them out.)

Clisby
Old February 23rd 07, 01:31 AM posted to misc.kids
Rosalie B.

"xkatx" wrote:

"Clisby" wrote in message
ink.net...

Stephanie wrote:

Everyone knows Shake Your Sillies Out. I can think of a number of other
action song, like Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes. We use them every day.
Can anyone think of any more? Thanks

Stephanie

The Hokey-Pokey?

Clisby

LOL dang... Beat me to it.
That's the only one I could think of...
Does "Itsy Bitsy Spider" count? You kinda do the little spider actions...

I used to do "There were X number in the bed, and the little one said,
"Roll Over, Roll Over".

Old February 23rd 07, 01:34 AM posted to misc.kids
Clisby

Rosalie B. wrote:

"xkatx" wrote:

"Clisby" wrote in message
link.net...

Stephanie wrote:

Everyone knows Shake Your Sillies Out. I can think of a number of other
action song, like Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes. We use them every day.
Can anyone think of any more? Thanks

Stephanie

The Hokey-Pokey?

Clisby

LOL dang... Beat me to it.
That's the only one I could think of...
Does "Itsy Bitsy Spider" count? You kinda do the little spider actions...

I used to do "There were X number in the bed, and the little one said,
"Roll Over, Roll Over".

My father used to sing that to us as:

Fourteen men in a boardinghouse bed
Roll over, roll over
They all rolled over when anyone said
Roll over, roll over
One man thought it would be a great joke
Not to roll over when anyone spoke
In the confusion he got his neck broke
Roll over, roll over

Thirteen men in a boardinghouse bed ...

I can see from the elementary-school reading assignment thread that this
one won't go over big in day cares nowadays.

Clisby
Old February 23rd 07, 01:51 AM posted to misc.kids
Rosalie B.

I used to do "There were X number in the bed, and the little one said,
"Roll Over, Roll Over".

My father used to sing that to us as:

Fourteen men in a boardinghouse bed
Roll over, roll over
They all rolled over when anyone said
Roll over, roll over
One man thought it would be a great joke
Not to roll over when anyone spoke
In the confusion he got his neck broke
Roll over, roll over

Thirteen men in a boardinghouse bed ...

I can see from the elementary-school reading assignment thread that this
one won't go over big in day cares nowadays.

That wasn't the way I sang it. It was (because I had four children)

There were 4 in the bed, and the little one said
Roll over, Roll Over
And they all rolled over, and one fell out.

There were 3 in the bed, and the little one said
Roll Over, Roll Over
And they all rolled over and one fell out

There were two in the bed and the little one said
Roll Over, Roll Over
And they all rolled over and one fell out.

There was one in the bed and the little one said
Good Night

Old February 24th 07, 12:47 AM posted to misc.kids
toto

On Fri, 23 Feb 2007 01:51:40 GMT, Rosalie B.
wrote:

There was one in the bed and the little one said
Good Night

Our little one says *I'm lonely, please come back.*

--
Dorothy

The Outer Limits

Homeopathy john Kids Health 167 January 2nd 07 03:13 AM
White Students Asked To Pay Minority Students Tuition R. Steve Walz Solutions 48 September 29th 06 01:41 PM
Baby Contest Brings Out the White Haters. John Wesley Solutions 76 March 5th 06 12:05 AM
This Is Better Than The Affirmative Action Cookie Sale BroJack Solutions 72 February 25th 04 04:46 AM
Help Eliminate an Instrument of Child Torture Kane Spanking 34 December 29th 03 04:54 AM