| That Mythical Line

Old February 14th 04, 11:14 PM
Kane

Default | That Mythical Line

On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 15:58:10 -0500, Ivan Gowch
wrote:

The debate over whether there is a distinct line
between "spanking" and abuse is a textbook
example of absurdity.

Imagine a police interrogator claiming that he
never "crosses the line" that separates good
investigative technique from abuse because,
although he does hit suspects on the head with
rubber truncheons, he never attaches electrodes
to their genitals and switches on the current.

Few people would have difficulty recognizing
that the "line" cited by the torturer is wholly
mythical, and that the argument is self-serving
and fraudulent.

And so it is with parents and children.

Deliberately hurting someone for your own ends
is to abuse that person, whether the damage caused
is mild or serious, and whether its effects are
long-lasting or transitory.

To hurt is to abuse, and anyone claiming otherwise
is a liar.

You notice that Droany has used the old," Well if You can't tell the
difference" routine yet again, in just another form...though earlier
he actually DID say this old saw from the annals of the spanking
compulsives.

It amounts to, and he just went to the low end, a tiny light smack on
the butt, or the extreme of a bloody trashing, to "define" this "line"
in its 14 mile wide defuse splendor.

And you have, of course, just defined the absurdity of even trying to
find something so filled with horror and dread for the victim.

Precisely why he cannot give the definitive answer to The Question.
And of course symptomatic of all his dodgings.

It is ALL sick from the childs view until he is thoroughly brain
washed, as the compulsives are, and bingo, there's another one for
their self rationalizing ranks. Congratulating each other on the
"rightness" of their feverish clutching at a brutal act.

The pain factor is either ignored or minimized as, "how we learn."

We also learn by jumping from 300 foot high cliffs with no net and no
chute, and no bungee.....WHAT we pay for learning about gravity though
is not so hot...and to make it happen to someone else, as in spanking
the child...without a clear limit....sick.

And that is the problem. What the child actually learns...that life is
pain and they deserve it. Pretty sick.

Ever imagine an entire world of humans who had NOT been raised with
punishment, but responsible instruction?

Well, I've been with large groups, totals of as high as 300 parents
and children where that is the rule. From kids from young adult to
toddler and infants...and no hitting, not even a punishment of any
kind. Just relaxed interventions when their trouble....the pattern of
parent as helper well establish, the influence quotient very high.

It's the Utopia the compulsives think is impossible. I go there once a
year for a week...and it refreshes me and equips me to come back here
to the sad world of the compulsives, and their gloating over their
victims. "Hail Dobson, Hail Dobson, let all Dachshund vicious attack
beasts beware, and kiddies too."

Kane

Doananator declares was The Kane9 Kan't dance continues... Embry Study is available. Kane General 10 March 1st 04 04:17 AM
| Kane is Saddened - - deeply saddened Doan General 7 February 16th 04 04:08 PM
Protect + respect children; "The bottom line is ...." Thomas McMillan General 6 January 5th 04 12:41 AM
Kids should work... bobb General 108 December 15th 03 03:23 PM
And again he strikes........ Doan strikes ...... again! was Kids should work... Kane General 2 December 6th 03 03:28 AM