OUT NOW: The latest issue of my monthly international autism newsletter, LOOKING UP

Old January 23rd 07, 07:45 PM posted to misc.kids.health
[email protected]

Default OUT NOW: The latest issue of my monthly international autism newsletter, LOOKING UP

Hello all,

www.lookingupautism.org

Just a quick note to say that the latest issue of my 40-page
monthly international autism newsletter, Looking Up, is out now. Each
month, we publish the most recent research findings, news and views
from the world of autism.

The latest issue includes:

DONNA WILLIAMS, the celebrated Australian author, herself autistic,
pays tribute to BERNARD RIMLAND - the man largely responsible for
debunking the terribly damaging 'refrigerator mother' theory - who died
on November 21, 2006.

AUTISM IN ASIA:

India: Interview with MERRY BARUA, director of the Delhi-based Action
for Autism, after the opening of the National Centre for Autism and a
film star's autistic son is prevented from boarding a plane

China: An expert there says treatment for autism is 'inadequate'

EMPLOYMENT FOR ADULTS WITH AUTISM

SENSORY ISSUES IN AUTISM

RESEARCH NEWS:

French scientists identify genetic mutations in autistic children - we
talk to the study's lead author

President Bush signs Combatting Autism Act - what it might mean for
autistic individuals in the United States

'No benefit from vitamin B12 injections' - new study

US Food and Drug Administration approves use of Risperdal (risperidone)
for the treatment of irritability in autism - we talk to an expert on
pharmacological treatments for autism

Oxytocin 'may have positive effect on adults with autism'

Amygdala 'becomes abnormally small in the most severe forms of autism'

Surprising new water finding suggests delay in neuronal development in
children with autism - a study which challenges a previously held
theory that brain abnormalities characteristic of autism were due to
faster development

Expert challenges notion that children with autism are often mentally
retarded

NEWS FROM AROUND THE GLOBE:

Autistic man dies after being restrained by police

'We were forced to shower school staff with jewellery to get care for
our autistic son'

Disciplinary charges filed over chelation death of autistic boy

Five-year-old boy with autism escapes to catch train

Puppy helps autistic boy to speak

You can find more details about how to obtain Looking Up
on the website (www.lookingupautism.org). You will also find a new,
improved index and search engine, full contents of all back issues, as
well as some free previous articles (including interviews with Dr Gary
Mesibov, Dr Tony Attwood, Theo Peeters, Dr Eric Courchesne, Professor
Digby Tantam and Professor Christopher Gillberg), and extracts from
other articles.

Please feel free to e-mail me if you need further
information.

Best wishes,

Adam Feinstein

--