Good news and bad news

Old August 24th 04, 07:03 PM
Ilse Witch

Default Good news and bad news

Good news first: I got my period this weekend, in spite of taking 2x 100mg
prometrium (progesterone) as a vaginal suppository. So I guess my body
knows what it's at, in spite of the additional hormones.

Bad news: I'm not preggers this round, but I knew that. Weird enough, I
felt pregnant for 5 days after ovulation, then it disappeared. In spite of
the mild pregnancy symptoms from the progesterone, I still have some
symptoms that are not controlled by it. Those were also consistently
absent.

I don't feel disappointed at all, it just feels right. Next few cycles I
will continue using the prometrium, as it worked very well for me. Side
effects were mild, no messy displays, and my period appeared 17DPO, so all
the TTC 'rules' still apply.

--
-- I
mommy to DS (July '02)

Old August 24th 04, 08:10 PM
Emily

Ilse Witch wrote:
Good news first: I got my period this weekend, in spite of taking 2x 100mg
prometrium (progesterone) as a vaginal suppository. So I guess my body
knows what it's at, in spite of the additional hormones.

Bad news: I'm not preggers this round, but I knew that. Weird enough, I
felt pregnant for 5 days after ovulation, then it disappeared. In spite of
the mild pregnancy symptoms from the progesterone, I still have some
symptoms that are not controlled by it. Those were also consistently
absent.

I don't feel disappointed at all, it just feels right. Next few cycles I
will continue using the prometrium, as it worked very well for me. Side
effects were mild, no messy displays, and my period appeared 17DPO, so all
the TTC 'rules' still apply.

Hi Ilse,

I'm happy for your good news, and for the very steady way
you're taking the "bad" news. Good luck in the next cycle(s)!

Emily
Old August 24th 04, 09:12 PM
Jamie Clark

Ilse,
I'm sorry you weren't pregnant this go round, and am glad that the
progesterone seems to be working out for you. I hope you see a nice healthy
+ in a few cycles!
--

Jamie & Taylor
Earth Angel, 1/3/03

Check out Taylor Marlys -- www.MyFamily.com, User ID: Clarkguest1,
Password: Guest
Password

Check out our Adoption Page at http://www.geocities.com/clarkadopt2004/

Old August 24th 04, 11:37 PM
Mary S.

I'm sorry this month wasn't it, but your atittude is great, and I hope
the prometrium works for you quickly!

Mary S.

Old August 25th 04, 02:06 AM
Zaz

I don't understand how the progesterone can work in favour of fertility. I
don't mean this to say it's not true: I only need to be explained. You see,
I was using a Mirena coil before as a contraceptive, and one of its main
function is to release progesterone in the uterus, in order, or so I
thought, to prevent the nesting of the egg.

Can anyone fill me in on the real effect of progesterone as a conception on
contraception tool?

A confused me
EDD Nov 20

Old August 25th 04, 02:10 AM
Cathy

Ilse Witch wrote:
Good news first: I got my period this weekend, in spite of taking 2x
100mg prometrium (progesterone) as a vaginal suppository. So I guess
my body knows what it's at, in spite of the additional hormones.

Bad news: I'm not preggers this round, but I knew that. Weird enough,
I felt pregnant for 5 days after ovulation, then it disappeared. In
spite of the mild pregnancy symptoms from the progesterone, I still
have some symptoms that are not controlled by it. Those were also
consistently absent.

I don't feel disappointed at all, it just feels right. Next few
cycles I will continue using the prometrium, as it worked very well
for me. Side effects were mild, no messy displays, and my period
appeared 17DPO, so all the TTC 'rules' still apply.

God luck for the next few cycles.

Cathy

Old August 25th 04, 02:11 AM
Elle

Ilse Witch wrote in message ...
Good news first: I got my period this weekend, in spite of taking 2x 100mg
prometrium (progesterone) as a vaginal suppository. So I guess my body
knows what it's at, in spite of the additional hormones.

Bad news: I'm not preggers this round, but I knew that. Weird enough, I
felt pregnant for 5 days after ovulation, then it disappeared. In spite of
the mild pregnancy symptoms from the progesterone, I still have some
symptoms that are not controlled by it. Those were also consistently
absent.

I don't feel disappointed at all, it just feels right. Next few cycles I
will continue using the prometrium, as it worked very well for me. Side
effects were mild, no messy displays, and my period appeared 17DPO, so all
the TTC 'rules' still apply.

I hope it happens soon for you Ilse. So have you reached the end of your testing?
Elle
Old August 25th 04, 02:57 AM
newfy.1

"Ilse Witch" wrote in message
news
Good news first: I got my period this weekend, in spite of taking 2x 100mg
prometrium (progesterone) as a vaginal suppository. So I guess my body
knows what it's at, in spite of the additional hormones.

Bad news: I'm not preggers this round, but I knew that. Weird enough, I
felt pregnant for 5 days after ovulation, then it disappeared. In spite of
the mild pregnancy symptoms from the progesterone, I still have some
symptoms that are not controlled by it. Those were also consistently
absent.

I don't feel disappointed at all, it just feels right. Next few cycles I
will continue using the prometrium, as it worked very well for me. Side
effects were mild, no messy displays, and my period appeared 17DPO, so all
the TTC 'rules' still apply.

I'm sorry you didn't conceive yet, Ilse, but I'm so happy to hear that
everything is working as normal.

JennP.

Old August 25th 04, 03:13 AM
Jamie Clark

It might have to do with the timing of the progesterone -- with progesterone
to enhance fertility, it's only started AFTER ovulation. Perhaps if there
is a constant stream of progesterone before ovulation, it might prevent
ovulation, or prevent implantation. Just a guess. I don't know anything
about the coil.
--

"Zaz" wrote in message
[...]

Become a member for free - go to Add Member to set up your own User ID
and