What Drs. Geier say ... in rebuttal to Quacks Gorski & Probert

Old June 4th 06, 06:13 AM posted to misc.kids.health,talk.politics.medicine,misc.health.alternative

Default What Drs. Geier say ... in rebuttal to Quacks Gorski & Probert

"Orac" wrote:

snip

The subject is not me.

In article Wsvcg.743082$084.710282@attbi_s22,
"Skeptic" wrote:

"Jan Drew" wrote in message
. net...

"Skeptic" wrote in message

"Jan Drew" wrote in message
. net...

"Skeptic" wrote in message

"Max C." wrote in message
oups.com...
Skeptic wrote:
A far more interesting question is this - for those who believe
his
study,
why is that one so easy to believe even in face of the multitude
of
criticisms it received for being incaccurate, flawed, poorly
designed,
etc.... all the while not believing other studies that showed
contradictory
results. I have yet to see or hear an argument from anyone
anywhere
that
supports his work over others. Yet some people choose to believe
his
study.
Why?

Since I don't know what datasets are in question nor which studies
you're referencing, I really don't have an answer for your
question.
However, I feel strongly that the answer may lie in these videos
that
went practically unnoticed when posted here a couple of weeks ago.

http://opposingdigits.com/vlog/?p=112

Now, if someone could explain to me why the CDC gave the Geiers
such a
hard time I'd love to hear it.

If you had read the original study, you'd understand. If you had
read
any of the numerous works contradicting his results, you'd
understand.

lol....

Of course you're laughing... what else can you do? You can't
contribute
meaningful dialogue since you haven't read the studies being
discussed.
Even if you were to, you wouldn't understand them. You wouldn't be
able
to evaluate them or criticize them. You don't seem capable of much at
all except posting a bunch of useless crap on the web. But keep
laughing
sweetie. It gives the rest of us something to laugh at.

If you knew more.... you'd understand. If you had read the original
study,
you'd understand.

great, now you're a parrot. Do you want a cracker?

Old June 4th 06, 02:59 PM posted to misc.kids.health,talk.politics.medicine,misc.health.alternative

"Orac" wrote in message
news
In article .com,
"Max C." wrote:

Start he

http://dumbscienceblogs.com/insolenc...psterdiving_y_
1.php

http://dumboracknows.blogspot.com/20...n-distorts.htm

http://dumbscienceblogs.com/insolenc...the_geiers_so_
1.php

http://dumbscienceblogs.com/insolenc...sm_foreordaine.
php

Your references are like referencing Nietzsche for how to run the world.

Old June 4th 06, 04:28 PM posted to misc.kids.health,talk.politics.medicine,misc.health.alternative

Default What Drs. Geier say ... in rebuttal to Quacks

Orac wrote:
In article ,
"Ilena Rose" llena Rose wrote:

(please don't believe the lies of the Quack Ratbags Team)

Dr. Mark R. Geier, MD, PhD. and David A. Geier

Dr. Mark R. Geier, M.D., Ph.D. is a geneticist and President of the
Genetic Centers of America, which for the past 23 years has offered
clinical prenatal genetics services to the Northern Virginia,
Washington, D.C., and Baltimore areas. Dr. Geier has worked in the
fields of molecular and cell biology and genetic engineering at the
National Institutes of Health for ten years. Dr. Geier has also been a
professor at The Johns Hopkins University Hospital.

David A. Geier is president of MedCon, Inc. He graduated with honors
from UMBC with a B.A. in Biology and a minor in History. He has been a
researcher scientist at the National Institutes of Health. Presently,
he is a graduate student in biochemistry at the George Washington
University, and has co-authored over 30 peer-reviewed
scientific/medical publications on vaccine safety, efficacy, and
policy. He has addressed numerous professional meetings, and most
recently co-addressed the Institute of Medicine of the United States'
National Academy of Sciences on vaccines.

In this interview, Mark & David discuss their work with treating heavy
metal toxicity by first treating abnormally high testosterone levels
(responsible for precocious puberty) with Lupron (prior to chelation).
They've found that testosterone actually binds to mercury, increasing
its toxicity and keeping it in the body. This offers compelling reason
for why more boys have autism than girls.

And how, exactly, Ilena, does any of this rebut anything I've ever
written about the Geiers?

Here, I'll refresh your memory of a few of the things I've written, and
perhaps you can tell me how any of the above "rebuts" it:

http://scienceblogs.com/insolence/20...rate_them_1.ph

http://scienceblogs.com/insolence/20...psterdiving_y_
1.php

http://scienceblogs.com/insolence/20...the_geiers_so_
1.php

http://scienceblogs.com/insolence/20...sm_foreordaine.
php

http://oracknows.blogspot.com/2006/0...n-distorts.htm

And, of course, my favorite, how the Geiers are trying to profit from
their implausible and unproven "treatment:

http://scienceblogs.com/insolence/20...o_patent_chemi.
php

I have been given a confidential "heads up" about a new expose on the
deceitfulness of the Geiers and their representations as to their
so-called expertise.

Watch this newsgroup, etc. for more.
Old June 4th 06, 11:23 PM posted to misc.kids.health,talk.politics.medicine,misc.health.alternative

In article ,
Mark Probert wrote:

Orac wrote:
In article ,
"Ilena Rose" llena Rose wrote:

[...]

I am aware of what you speak, and I will certainly discuss it on my blog
when it is revealed.

I can't wait. It's real evidence of the Geiers' duplicity,

--
Orac |"If you cannot listen to the answers, why do you

Old June 4th 06, 11:24 PM posted to misc.kids.health,talk.politics.medicine,misc.health.alternative

In article ,
"vernon" there@there wrote:

"Orac" wrote in message
news
In article .com,
"Max C." wrote:

Start he

http://dumbscienceblogs.com/insolenc...mpsterdiving_y
_
1.php

http://dumboracknows.blogspot.com/20...on-distorts.ht

.
php

Your references are like referencing Nietzsche for how to run the world.

One notes that vernon can't rebut a single point. I'm guessing he didn't
bother to read a single one.

Tell me, vernon, what do you think about the Geiers proposing the use of
chemical castration to treat autism? That's a pretty big pharma sort of
intervention, don't you think?

Old June 5th 06, 02:11 PM posted to misc.kids.health,talk.politics.medicine,misc.health.alternative

Orac wrote:
In article ,
Mark Probert wrote:

Orac wrote:
In article ,
"Ilena Rose" llena Rose wrote:

[...]

If anyone in "organized medicine" would do something like that, Jan, et
al, would be bleating and braying about them being liars.

I fearlessly predict that not one of the Alties will criticize them for
what will be revealed.