Wikipedia controlled by Allopaths

Old July 17th 06, 04:07 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,sci.med,sci.med.immunology,uk.people.health
PeterB

Default Wikipedia controlled by Allopaths

David Wright wrote:
In article .com,
PeterB wrote:

john wrote:
"PeterB" wrote in message
ups.com...

Thanks, praise on Usenet is rare indeed!

So is the truth.

yes, for sure, it is a great myth that the cure for cancer, for example,
would be shouted from the rooftops, it may have been for a second until he
was taken out by a sniper. people would rather die with their well
cherished beliefs than wake up and face the real reality.

So true. And money is a powerful motivator in medicine.

And in alternative health, too.

It doesn't begin to compare. Dietary supplements don't come close to
acheiving the margins seen with drugs. Besides, alternative medicine
uses the body's natural healing mechanisms, while conventional medicine
mostly anesthesizes patients to their symptoms. Both approaches rely
on money to provide products and services, but the drug makers have a
LOT more to lose than the supplement companies. It's also a business
model built on disease, rather than health.

Truth isn't for everyone, you do need a big heart to go the distance
http://www.whale.to/vaccine/quotes4.htm

Well said. Don Juan was quite a character, eh?

A fictional one, however. And none of those quotations prove john or
PeterB is speaking the truth, alas. They do, however, cut both ways,
e.g.

Motive identies one's credibility, David. That's why you don't have
any. Credibility, I mean.

"Convictions are more dangerous enemies of truth than lies."
-- Nietzsche

"An expert is just a guy whose views are published before they get
retracted."
-- PeterB

Old July 17th 06, 11:16 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,sci.med,sci.med.immunology,uk.people.health
Mark Probert

PeterB wrote:
David Wright wrote:
In article .com,
PeterB wrote:
john wrote:
"PeterB" wrote in message
ups.com...
Thanks, praise on Usenet is rare indeed!
So is the truth.

yes, for sure, it is a great myth that the cure for cancer, for example,
would be shouted from the rooftops, it may have been for a second until he
was taken out by a sniper. people would rather die with their well
cherished beliefs than wake up and face the real reality.
So true. And money is a powerful motivator in medicine.

And in alternative health, too.

It doesn't begin to compare. Dietary supplements don't come close to
acheiving the margins seen with drugs.

Margins? You mean like not having to shell out the big bucks for R&D,
and on products that may never reach market? Or on testing to satisfy
the FDA?

Yes, the margins do not compare.

Besides, alternative medicine
uses the body's natural healing mechanisms, while conventional medicine
mostly anesthesizes patients to their symptoms. Both approaches rely
on money to provide products and services, but the drug makers have a
LOT more to lose than the supplement companies. It's also a business
model built on disease, rather than health.

Nice platitude.
Old July 18th 06, 04:15 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,sci.med,sci.med.immunology,uk.people.health
David Wright

In article .com,
PeterB wrote:

David Wright wrote:
In article .com,
PeterB wrote:

john wrote:
"PeterB" wrote in message
ups.com...

Thanks, praise on Usenet is rare indeed!

So is the truth.

yes, for sure, it is a great myth that the cure for cancer, for
example, would be shouted from the rooftops, it may have been
for a second until he was taken out by a sniper. people would
rather die with their well cherished beliefs than wake up and
face the real reality.

So true. And money is a powerful motivator in medicine.

And in alternative health, too.

It doesn't begin to compare. Dietary supplements don't come close to
acheiving the margins seen with drugs. Besides, alternative medicine
uses the body's natural healing mechanisms, while conventional medicine
mostly anesthesizes patients to their symptoms.

Aside from painkillers, that's nonsense.

Both approaches rely on money to provide products and services, but
the drug makers have a LOT more to lose than the supplement
companies. It's also a business model built on disease, rather than
health.

The trouble is your religious conviction that all health problems can
be solved via nutrition.

Truth isn't for everyone, you do need a big heart to go the distance
http://www.whale.to/vaccine/quotes4.htm

Well said. Don Juan was quite a character, eh?

A fictional one, however. And none of those quotations prove john or
PeterB is speaking the truth, alas. They do, however, cut both ways,
e.g.

Motive identies one's credibility, David. That's why you don't have
any. Credibility, I mean.

Sure I do. Well, other than with you. But I don't care about that.

"An expert is just a guy whose views are published before they get
retracted."
-- PeterB

Don't quit your day job in the hope that you can make a living writing
things to be quoted.

-- David Wright :: alphabeta at prodigy.net
"If you can't say something nice, then sit next to me."
-- Alice Roosevelt Longworth

Old July 18th 06, 06:32 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,sci.med,sci.med.immunology,uk.people.health
PeterB

David Wright wrote:
In article .com,
PeterB wrote:

David Wright wrote:
In article .com,
PeterB wrote:

john wrote:
"PeterB" wrote in message
ups.com...

Thanks, praise on Usenet is rare indeed!

So is the truth.

yes, for sure, it is a great myth that the cure for cancer, for
example, would be shouted from the rooftops, it may have been
for a second until he was taken out by a sniper. people would
rather die with their well cherished beliefs than wake up and
face the real reality.

So true. And money is a powerful motivator in medicine.

And in alternative health, too.

It doesn't begin to compare. Dietary supplements don't come close to
acheiving the margins seen with drugs. Besides, alternative medicine
uses the body's natural healing mechanisms, while conventional medicine
mostly anesthesizes patients to their symptoms.

Aside from painkillers, that's nonsense.

Painkillers represent one of the largest segments in pharma sales --
probably the biggest in terms of usage. Anti-depressants are also a
huge market, and have an anesthesizing effect on what patients feel.
How many drugs can you name that actually address a systemic failure?

Both approaches rely on money to provide products and services, but
the drug makers have a LOT more to lose than the supplement
companies. It's also a business model built on disease, rather than
health.

The trouble is your religious conviction that all health problems can
be solved via nutrition.

Nothing is absolute, but most disease can be cured using nutrients, or
a nutraceutical approach, espeically in acute situations. I was able
to cure myself of three separate conditions: sinusitus, HBP, and PVCs,
using only diet and supplements.

Truth isn't for everyone, you do need a big heart to go the distance
http://www.whale.to/vaccine/quotes4.htm

Well said. Don Juan was quite a character, eh?

A fictional one, however. And none of those quotations prove john or
PeterB is speaking the truth, alas. They do, however, cut both ways,
e.g.

Motive identies one's credibility, David. That's why you don't have
any. Credibility, I mean.

Sure I do. Well, other than with you. But I don't care about that.

"An expert is just a guy whose views are published before they get
retracted."
-- PeterB

Don't quit your day job in the hope that you can make a living writing
things to be quoted.

It's obvious you haven't quit yours. But after 12 years, don't you
need a change?

PeterB

Old July 22nd 06, 11:00 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,sci.med,sci.med.immunology,uk.people.health
David Wright

In article . com,
PeterB wrote:

David Wright wrote:
In article .com,
PeterB wrote:

David Wright wrote:
In article .com,
PeterB wrote:

john wrote:
"PeterB" wrote in message
[...]

What they feel is depressed. Dampening that down is a mercy. So's
dampening pain, if it's intractable.

How many drugs can you name that actually address a systemic failure?

I'd have to know what you consider a "systemic failure" before I could
hope to answer that.

Both approaches rely on money to provide products and services, but
the drug makers have a LOT more to lose than the supplement
companies. It's also a business model built on disease, rather than
health.

The trouble is your religious conviction that all health problems can
be solved via nutrition.

Nothing is absolute, but most disease can be cured using nutrients, or
a nutraceutical approach, espeically in acute situations. I was able
to cure myself of three separate conditions: sinusitus, HBP, and PVCs,
using only diet and supplements.

Those aren't acute conditions, they're chronic. And your claim that
"most" diseases can be so treated is a religious conviction, as I
said. Though actually it's not really meaningful unless we define our
terms a lot better.

For instance, much of the world is malnourished by anyone's standards.
Not enough nutrients, not enough protein, not enough calories.
Obviously, those people need more food, and of the right kind.

At the other end of the spectrum, mostly in developed countries, we
have the problem of obesity, yet another area in which the US leads
the world (we're number one!). And this causes diabetes and heart
disease and cancer and so on. So in this case, we'd need a reduction
in caloric intake (and an increase in exercise, but that's not
nutrition).

It's the remaining group that you are so sure can "mostly" be treated
nutritionally. I remain unconvinced.

"An expert is just a guy whose views are published before they get
retracted."
-- PeterB

Don't quit your day job in the hope that you can make a living writing
things to be quoted.

It's obvious you haven't quit yours. But after 12 years, don't you
need a change?

Over the last 12 years, I've worked for four different companies, none
of them involved in the medical or pharmaceutical fields. No doubt
you're envious of someone who has managed to be gainfull employed.

-- David Wright :: alphabeta at prodigy.net