School Breakfasts (and lunches)

Old July 31st 08, 06:32 AM posted to misc.kids
toypup[_2_]

Default School Breakfasts (and lunches)

"Rosalie B." wrote in message

I must hae misunderstood Nan. But she seemed to me to be saying that
accessibility should trump health and that non-healthy foods should thus
be
offered. I disagree with that without question.

Hot dogs, while they have preservatives, aren't pure junk as they have
protein. Mac and cheese - also has some nutrients. I object on
principle to hiding veggies in something else. I would regard candy
and foods that were almost all sugar as being junk foods.

Basically I would not be hard line on 'healthy' foods having had some
picky eaters who would not make a fuss but would just not eat if they
didn't like what was offered. I've had two of them who passed out
during afternoon activities because they didn't care for what was
served at lunch. One of them was at a Pony Club rally and passed out
in her horse's stall. One of them 'fell out' in formation at the US
Air Force Academy. It wasn't that they wanted junk foods
necessarily. It was that they didn't like certain combinations or
certain foods. One will eat no fish or seafood except fried shrimp,
and will eat almost no vegetables except salad. This dd is now an
adult of age 44.

I would have to agree with you, Rosalie, but based on prior threads I've
encountered here, there are people out there who don't object to fainting
from lack of food. The child must starve for one month before there should
be cause for concern. Fainting from lack of food should be a lesson for the
child to learn from /sarcasm.

Old July 31st 08, 12:10 PM posted to misc.kids
Stephanie[_2_]

toypup wrote:
"Rosalie B." wrote in message

[...]

Sarcasm done poorly one might add!