Teaching in the ADHD Era

Old March 12th 06, 04:21 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.attn-deficit,misc.kids.health,talk.politics.medicine

Default Teaching in the ADHD Era

Jan Drew wrote:
"MothWrangler" wrote in message
Jan Drew wrote:
"MothWrangler" wrote in message

Jan Drew wrote:

"Sumbuny" wrote in message

"Jan Drew" wrote in message
. com...

http://ledger.southofboston.com/arti...ews/news04.txt

Teaching in the ADHD era: Variety of learning disorders make
instruction more complex

Excerpts: [see my comments]

Fights are rare, but a few teachers have been cursed at to their face.

[this should NEVER be allowed, under ANY circumstances]

Most weeks, a larger number contend with students who refuse to do
their assignments. A handful of students must be coaxed into
participation
from the withdrawn, autism-like symptoms of Asperger's Syndrome, while

others seem sunk in silence - perhaps, teachers say, because they've
witnessed or suffered anger or abuse at home.

[My-my isn't the teacher judgmental, Mark Probert?, YES, it is the
teacher's job.]

"Autism-like symptoms of Asperger's"????

Asperger's Syndrome *is* a type of autism....the teacher not only is
not doing her job very well, she is not very well informed...

--
Buny

Wrong. You are nit picking. She stated it correctly.

http://www.encorestudio.org/content/reallifereview.html

Real Life focuses on Asperger's Syndrome, which a program note describes
as being like a dash of autism. People with Asperger's Syndrome have
normal intelligence but exhibit autism-like symptoms.

So, are you now claiming that all individuals with autism don't have
"normal intelligence"? Meaning what--that all individuals with autism are
individuals with low IQs?

Did you read me claiming that?

In FACT no one did.

Now after ALL these diversions, the subject is restored:

Jan's tactic is to revert to the original subject when she realizes that
she cannot bully someone. Jan has no idea that arguing with Nancy is a
battle that she will lose. I am smart enough not to try it!

http://ledger.southofboston.com/arti...ews/news04.txt

Teaching in the ADHD era: Variety of learning disorders make instruction
more complex

Excerpts: [see my comments]

Fights are rare, but a few teachers have been cursed at to their face.

[this should NEVER be allowed, under ANY circumstances]

What makes you think it is *allowed*? Do you realize that in a special
educations setting, though, it is an action that is understood by the
trained professionals and dealt with in an appropriate manner?

Most weeks, a larger number contend with students who refuse to do their
assignments. A handful of students must be coaxed into participation from
the withdrawn, autism-like symptoms of Asperger's Syndrome, while others
seem sunk in silence - perhaps, teachers say, because they've witnessed or
suffered anger or abuse at home.

[My-my isn't the teacher judgmental, Mark Probert?, YES, it is the teacher's
job.]

No, that is not being judgmental. Anyone with real experience in this
venue knows that having a special needs child at home creates a highly
stressful situation on a 24/7 basis. Thus, the teacher, instead of being
*judgmental* is expressing a valid concern.

Old March 13th 06, 01:50 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.attn-deficit,misc.kids.health,talk.politics.medicine

"Jan Drew" wrote in message
. ..

"Sumbuny" wrote in message

"Jan Drew" wrote in message
om...

"Sumbuny" wrote in message

"Jan Drew" wrote in message
[...]

Kind of like "heart attack like symptoms of an MI".

Pretty much...using "big words" to try to inpress the audience, without
comprending what those "big words" actually mean G

A real pity you feel the need to giggle at teachers.

Considering that I work with teachers, as a volunteer, a substitute
teachers, as a special ed major (halfway to my degree at this point),
with over a dozen years of experience volunteering and substitute
teaching, not to mention working as an aide in the classroom...I would
think that I know tad more about the profession than you do...

A dozen, huh?

I owned and directed two daycare centers for thirty eight years, which
included kindergarten classes.

You are just getting started.

I repeat:

A real pity you feel the need to giggle at teachers

....and how many dealt directly with special education issues? Or did your
daycare centers do like so many others that I have had to deal with...simply
blackball special ed children, because they do not fall under IDEA?

--
Buny

" Nobody realizes that some people expend tremendous energy merely to be
normal."
~ Albert Camus

Old March 13th 06, 01:53 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.attn-deficit,misc.kids.health,talk.politics.medicine

"Jan Drew" wrote in message
. ..

"Sumbuny" wrote in message

"Jan Drew" wrote in message
news

"Jan Drew" wrote in message
[...]

I would suggest that you look at the *medical definition* of asperger's
syndrome, instead of someone who has no idea of what it is, who says it
is "a dash of autism"....I am not "nit picking" when I say that she is
wrong in saying that it is not autism...when the medical definition
clearly states it *is*

No, I don't need to, you are nit picking, plain and simple.

No, I am insisting that people that claim to be *professionals* use
professional temrinology...to do otherwise means that they lose
credibility...

That was lesson #1 in my first education class in college...for someone who
claims to have run a daycare center, I would have thought that you would
have known that from your own pedagogy classes...assuming you had to take
any to run daycare centers....perhaps you only needed business classes to do
that, and not any degrees in education, which would explain many
deficiencies in your posts...such as the stawman you immediately used when
your mistake was called on here...

Old March 13th 06, 02:06 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.attn-deficit,misc.kids.health,talk.politics.medicine

Sumbuny wrote:
"Jan Drew" wrote in message
. ..
"Sumbuny" wrote in message
> [...]

"Jan Drew" wrote in message
om...

"Jan Drew" wrote in message
[...]

I recall that Jan mentioned that her daycare center was for children 3
and over, and none of the kiddies were in diapers. Sounds like she did
not take in developmentally disabled children.

They were the lucky ones.
Old March 13th 06, 03:20 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.attn-deficit,misc.kids.health,talk.politics.medicine

I see you know absolutely nothing about state daycare centers. Special needs
children do not get blackballed. There are regulations set by the state for
centers to take special needs children.

It appears you have been listening to Mark Probert and his lies.

"Sumbuny" wrote in message
newsd4Rf.60518$Ug4.43197@dukeread12...

"Jan Drew" wrote in message
. ..

"Sumbuny" wrote in message
> [...]

"Jan Drew" wrote in message
om...

Old March 13th 06, 03:28 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.attn-deficit,misc.kids.health,talk.politics.medicine

"Sumbuny" wrote in message

"Jan Drew" wrote in message
. ..

"Sumbuny" wrote in message
> [...]

"Jan Drew" wrote in message
news

"Jan Drew" wrote in message
[...]

Feel free to write and complain.

http://www.encorestudio.org/content/reallifereview.html

[snip]

As this thread is not about me.

Old March 13th 06, 02:11 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.attn-deficit,misc.kids.health,talk.politics.medicine

Jan Drew wrote:
I see you know absolutely nothing about state daycare centers. Special needs
children do not get blackballed. There are regulations set by the state for
centers to take special needs children.

It appears you have been listening to Mark Probert and his lies.

You said that you did not take children 3 and over who still needed
diapering. There are special needs kids who fit that description.

"Sumbuny" wrote in message
newsd4Rf.60518$Ug4.43197@dukeread12...

"Jan Drew" wrote in message
. ..
"Sumbuny" wrote in message
> [...]

"Jan Drew" wrote in message
om...

Old March 13th 06, 06:02 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.attn-deficit,misc.kids.health,talk.politics.medicine

"Sumbuny" wrote in message
> [...]

"Jan Drew" wrote in message
. ..

"Sumbuny" wrote in message
> [...]

"Jan Drew" wrote in message
news

"Jan Drew" wrote in message
[...]

Jan didn't go to college, and didn't learn much in high-school. What little
she did learn, she forgot during a lifetime of communicating only with
preschoolers.
--

--Rich

Recommended websites:

http://www.ratbags.com/rsoles
http://www.acahf.org.au
http://www.quackwatch.org/
http://www.skeptic.com/
http://www.csicop.org/

Old March 13th 06, 07:13 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.attn-deficit,misc.kids.health,talk.politics.medicine

"Mark Probert" blathered:
Jan Drew wrote:
I see you know absolutely nothing about state daycare centers. Special
needs children do not get blackballed. There are regulations set by the
state for centers to take special needs children.

It appears you have been listening to Mark Probert and his lies.

You said that you did not take children 3 and over who still needed
diapering.

I posted no such thing.

"Sumbuny" wrote in message
newsd4Rf.60518$Ug4.43197@dukeread12...

"Jan Drew" wrote in message
. ..
"Sumbuny" wrote in message
> [...]

"Jan Drew" wrote in message
om...

Old March 13th 06, 07:22 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.attn-deficit,misc.kids.health,talk.politics.medicine

"Rich" wrote in message

"Sumbuny" wrote in message
> [...]

"Jan Drew" wrote in message
. ..

"Sumbuny" wrote in message
> [...]

"Jan Drew" wrote in message
news

"Jan Drew" wrote in message
[...]

Are you judging me, Rich?

What a hypocrite.

*Also, it is not the responsiblilty of Peter and HCN and the rest of us to
judge Mark. The
ability to overlook the faults of others is important for getting along in
society.* Rich Shewmaker
--

--Rich

Recommended websites:

http://www.ratbagsLIES

Three dead Children

http://tinyurl.com/9hkaj

http://tinyurl.com/bgqou

http://www.acahf.org.au

[snip spam]

NO medical training

http://www.quackwatch.org/

QUACK QUACK

*Alternative therapy" is a marketing term that should not be permitted.*

http://www.napa.ufl.edu/98news/alternat.htm
Schools Opening Up to Alternative Medicine

*While a few of those so accredited are naive physicians, most are
nonmedical persons who only play
at being doctor and use this certification as an umbrella for a host of
unproven New Age hokum treatments. Unfortunately, a few HMOs, hospitals, and
even medical schools are succumbing to the bait and exposing patients to
such bogus treatments when they need real medical care*

The National Council Against Health Fraud has concluded:

a.. Acupuncture is an unproven modality of treatment

That clearly is a LIE!!!!!

http://tinyurl.com/8qeg3

http://tinyurl.com/8caw5

http://rheumatology.oxfordjournals.o...act/42/12/1508