It's a GIRL!!!! :) Birth story included (long)

Old May 7th 06, 04:42 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

Default It's a GIRL!!!! :) Birth story included (long)

Born May 4, 2006 @ 10;46 pm, 7 lb 14 oz, 20 1/2 inches long.

I am doing this from the courtesty room lounge in NICU (the baby is in
NICU but it looks like she will be discharged MOnday G-d willing if
things keep improving). she had "wet lung"..she is ok now, thank G_d
but she inhaled amniotic flud in her lungs and had difficulty breathing
after birth. she was on cpap but they took her off of it, and now
they are weaning her off of the IV fluids. her o2 sats are now great.
her blood gases are good now, and they are finally letting me hold and
feed her (before, touch from anyone was making her agitated, and her 02
sats were dropping to the 80's range or a bit lower, and she was not
allowed anything food wise as they were worried she would aspirate it
as she was working so hard to breathe)) she was also indrawing and very
grunty at birth. but everything is stablized, her breathing is ok but
at times too fast, and she is not really indrawing any more. she is
allowed to eat now too. they are keeping her tomorrow to make sure she
is improving and the pediatrician on call said if she continues to do
well, then monday morning I can take her home.

Now the birth story:

Apparently, that was my mucus plug I lost on Thursday morning. In
fact, my water broke at my ob appointment for my 38 week check up a few
hours later. I was sitting on the examining table, waiting for my OB to
come in, and felt wet. When she came in, I told her, and when she did
a swab, and checked with the clamp thingy that opens everying up to
examine you (forgot the name for it), it came back positive for fluid.
a giant q tip thing. being my labours are usually short (except for
this time...) she sent me right to the hospital, as I had taken a bus
and 2 subway lines to get there, and she was worried, given my fast
labours, I would end up giving birth in a cab on my way back.

So, I had to call my hubby, doula, mother in law to make arrangements,
and went off to the hospital. My contractions were irregular, and
after a long while, they gave me oxytocin to boost things, and that
wasn't working well either, so they increased it. finally things got
moving. I was ready to push around 10:30 pm, and she came out very
fast, I also had high blood loss and was given cytotec, then hemobet
)not sure if thats correct spelling) and also oxytocin drip, which I
had going for a whole day. the hemobet made me really sick but atn
least it stopped the bleeding. they also mashed my abdomen so hard to
make my uterus contract as it kept getting boggy, and now its sore and
bruised. I am feeling better today though, thank G-d. Anyway, I am
pretty tired, and I want to go check on the baby (I am sleeping in
courtesty room now, they moved me today out of the post partum unit).
I love that the play room has internet

That's it for now

Old May 7th 06, 04:48 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

"Yiddishkeit" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Oh! Congrats!!!!
That's so awesome! Glad everything went fairly well, and all is looking
good now! Hopefully you can take her home on Monday. That's so good.
Welcome to your baby girl!

Old May 7th 06, 07:47 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

Yiddishkeit wrote:
Born May 4, 2006 @ 10;46 pm, 7 lb 14 oz, 20 1/2 inches long.

Whooo hooooo! Congrats and welcome! : )
--

Jamie
Earth Angels:

Check out the family! -- www.MyFamily.com, User ID: Clarkguest1,
Password: Guest Become a member for free - go to Add Member to set up
your own User ID and Password

Old May 7th 06, 01:13 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

Congratulations on the birth of your daughter. I hope things really improve
for you and you're allowed home Monday to really enjoy her.

Three days, 3 hours, 43 minutes and 23 seconds. 97 cigarettes not smoked,
saving £24.35. Life saved: 8 hours, 5 minutes.

Old May 7th 06, 01:36 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

Congratulations and Well done

--
Claire

Old May 7th 06, 04:01 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

Congratulations and welcome baby girl!!

Jennin
DD #1 04/98
DD #2 Due in 13 days!

Old May 7th 06, 05:41 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

Yiddishkeit wrote:
Born May 4, 2006 @ 10;46 pm, 7 lb 14 oz, 20 1/2 inches long.

Mazal tov! She should grow l'Torah, l'chuppah u'l'maasim tovim!

Bryna

Old May 7th 06, 11:44 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

Congratulations to you and welcome to the New One!

Old May 8th 06, 04:40 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

Awwww congratulations to you on your baby girl!!! I hope all continues to
improve, and that you bring her home today as planned!!! Wow, she certainly
arrived close to her due date! Take care x

Lucy
--

Due with a little girl 15.06.06
http://lucys-pregnancy.tripod.com/

Old May 8th 06, 04:24 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

Congratulations and welcome to new Baby Girl! I hope
everythingcontinues to mprove and you get to bring her home today!

Sharalyn
mom to Alexander James (9/21/01)