School Breakfasts (and lunches)

Old August 4th 08, 11:42 PM posted to misc.kids
Rosalie B.

Default School Breakfasts (and lunches)

"Stephanie" wrote:

toypup wrote:
"Stephanie" wrote in message
. ..

Ah Christ. How does one have an opinion? You have one! I get mine
too. And you don't have to accuse me of things I am not doing. I
have an opinion about food. Shoot me.

You don't have just an opinion about food, you have an opinion about
parents serving foods you object to and that comes across very
clearly.

I don't, in fact. If I had said brownies were crap no one would have
disagreed OR felt guilty that they sometimes give their kids brownies. As
far as I am concerned, mac n cheese is crap. And you may have seen in this
thread that *I* sometimes feed it to my kids. Along with brownies. I have an
opinion about food and about what should be served in SCHOOLS which is where
this started.

Banty hit it on the nose and maybe that's what's irritating
you. I do agree with her wholeheartedly on this issue.

I was not irritated before Banty's post. Now I am irritated for being called
a meanie for having an opinion on the relative quality of mac n cheese as a
food and having my motivations for said opinion made up despite my
motivations being clearly stated. Maybe the real problem is that those of
you who feed your kids this stuff on a regular basis are actually feeling
guilty and THAT's why you are offended and insulted.

I don't feel guilty because I didn't feed my kids mac and cheese, and
my kids are grown up now so it is not an issue for me. But I do NOT
feel that it is crap - that's not why I didn't do it. It just wasn't
in my normal cooking vocabulary - dh didn't like saucy foods and
doesn't like cheese which is probably why (it was a long time ago, as
my youngest is 37 years old). I agree with Banty and toypup though
that your opinion about what other people feed their kids is pretty
judgmental, and what you think school cafeterias can reasonably manage
is pretty much uninformed.
..