unpaid child support

Old March 22nd 07, 08:42 PM posted to alt.child-support
Rod[_2_]

Default unpaid child support

A friend of mine gained custody of his two kids
four years ago and has not recieved a dime of child support. He is a
janitor and gets paid 9 dollars an hour.
When his ex wife had custody he faithfully paid support.
The judge has told him that because she is an alcoholic and has been
through treatment, she does not have to pay support because it woud
cause her an unjust hardship to deal with and could cause a relapse back
into drinking.
I'm thinking this is not a very just system we have.

Old March 23rd 07, 12:29 AM posted to alt.child-support
John Meyer

Rod wrote:
A friend of mine gained custody of his two kids
four years ago and has not recieved a dime of child support. He is a
janitor and gets paid 9 dollars an hour.
When his ex wife had custody he faithfully paid support.
The judge has told him that because she is an alcoholic and has been
through treatment, she does not have to pay support because it woud
cause her an unjust hardship to deal with and could cause a relapse back
into drinking.
I'm thinking this is not a very just system we have.

Why not tell the judge, "Don't worry, we'll set it so she won't have any
money to drink."?
Old March 23rd 07, 01:46 AM posted to alt.child-support
Dusty Steenbock

"John Meyer" wrote in message
. ..
Rod wrote:
A friend of mine gained custody of his two kids
four years ago and has not recieved a dime of child support. He is a
janitor and gets paid 9 dollars an hour.
When his ex wife had custody he faithfully paid support.
The judge has told him that because she is an alcoholic and has been
through treatment, she does not have to pay support because it woud
cause her an unjust hardship to deal with and could cause a relapse back
into drinking.
I'm thinking this is not a very just system we have.

Why not tell the judge, "Don't worry, we'll set it so she won't have any
money to drink."?

No kidding!! I wonder what the result would have been If the gender roles
were reversed...

Old March 23rd 07, 06:11 AM posted to alt.child-support
DB

"Dusty Steenbock" wrote in

Why not tell the judge, "Don't worry, we'll set it so she won't have any
money to drink."?

No kidding!! I wonder what the result would have been If the gender roles
were reversed...

Does this not set a precedent?

Old March 23rd 07, 12:09 PM posted to alt.child-support
John Meyer

DB wrote:
"Dusty Steenbock" wrote in

Why not tell the judge, "Don't worry, we'll set it so she won't have any
money to drink."?

No kidding!! I wonder what the result would have been If the gender roles
were reversed...

Does this not set a precedent?

I think this is what addiction experts call "enabling". I may be wrong,
but I doubt it.

Old March 26th 07, 03:23 AM posted to alt.child-support
Mistress_of_Justice

On Mar 22, 3:42 pm, (Rod) wrote:
A friend of mine gained custody of his two kids
four years ago and has not recieved a dime of child support. He is a
janitor and gets paid 9 dollars an hour.
When his ex wife had custody he faithfully paid support.
The judge has told him that because she is an alcoholic and has been
through treatment, she does not have to pay support because it woud
cause her an unjust hardship to deal with and could cause a relapse back
into drinking.
I'm thinking this is not a very just system we have.

I'm curious what state they live in...sounds like the same thing my
husband's ex-wife was told about her thousands of dollars in past due
child support.

Old March 26th 07, 03:50 AM posted to alt.child-support
Rod[_2_]

This is in Minnesota