I'm STARVING!

Old March 25th 04, 12:28 AM
New York Jen

Default I'm STARVING!

I guess I'd forgotten how absolutely insatiably hungry I was in the first
few weeks of Laszlo's life on the boob. I cannot stop eating for 2 seconds.
It's probably worse because we're in the house all day (for the most part)
as well as the fact that my mother and husband keep getting me food. I had
only gained 4 1/2 pounds my whole pregnancy and I'm sure I'll gain a ton of
weight in no time if I keep this up! I'm eating healthy mostly, but fitting
some sweets in here and there. When I was pregnant I had to choke down
protein, now it's all I want to eat. Amazing how things change so quickly.

Hopefully this starving phase will end soon! I'm going to put us in the
poor house if I keep eating like this!

- Jen

Old March 25th 04, 11:04 AM
Sidheag McCormack

New York Jen writes:

Hopefully this starving phase will end soon! I'm going to put us in the
poor house if I keep eating like this!

Lol, I'm still eating loads and DS is almost 5 months now. I just keep
thinking about how expensive formula would have been :-) FWIW I'm not
gaining weight, though I keep thinking I *must* be. In fact today I found I
can easily get into a pair of trousers that didn't fit last time I tried -
that's the tummy muscles starting to come back, rather than weight change.
I'd quite like to lose a little (not pregnancy weight, that's all gone, but
I was a few kg over my ideal before pregnancy) but that's not going to
happen the way I'm eating! My vote is to settle in for the long haul and
try to enjoy it.

Sidheag
DS Colin Oct 27 2003

Old March 25th 04, 12:19 PM
Linz

On Thu, 25 Mar 2004 11:04:14 GMT, Sidheag McCormack
wrote:

New York Jen writes:

Hopefully this starving phase will end soon! I'm going to put us in the
poor house if I keep eating like this!

Lol, I'm still eating loads and DS is almost 5 months now. I just keep
thinking about how expensive formula would have been :-) FWIW I'm not
gaining weight, though I keep thinking I *must* be. In fact today I found I
can easily get into a pair of trousers that didn't fit last time I tried -
that's the tummy muscles starting to come back, rather than weight change.
I'd quite like to lose a little (not pregnancy weight, that's all gone, but
I was a few kg over my ideal before pregnancy) but that's not going to
happen the way I'm eating! My vote is to settle in for the long haul and
try to enjoy it.

Sounds familiar. I manage breakfast, a mid-morning snack, lunch, late
lunch, afternoon snack, early evening snack, dinner, late evening
snack... Despite all that I have got back to my pre-pregnancy weight
(sorry) but still can't do up many of my pre-preg clothes!
--
Linz
YB: 5 months, 17lbs
Old March 25th 04, 01:00 PM
Anne Rogers

same here! ds is 10 months, my weight stayed static to 9 months, then
dropped a little, I suspect by the way my clothes are fitting I am
slightly under my pre pregnancy weight, I'm going to enjoy it!
Old March 25th 04, 01:28 PM
Sara

Sidheag McCormack wrote:

New York Jen writes:

Hopefully this starving phase will end soon! I'm going to put us in the
poor house if I keep eating like this!

Lol, I'm still eating loads and DS is almost 5 months now. I just keep
thinking about how expensive formula would have been :-) FWIW I'm not
gaining weight, though I keep thinking I *must* be.

Pffft! I'm still eating like a horse, and my son is 17 months old.

--
Sara, accompanied by the baby barnacle
Old March 25th 04, 02:05 PM
Vicky Larmour

In article , Linz
wrote:
Sounds familiar. I manage breakfast, a mid-morning snack, lunch,
late lunch, afternoon snack, early evening snack, dinner, late
evening snack... Despite all that I have got back to my
pre-pregnancy weight (sorry) but still can't do up many of my
pre-preg clothes!

I'm the same on all counts. EXCEPT that now I am gradually weaning
Matthew my weight is going up again! I am still just as hungry as
before but obviously he's not feeding as much (now down to twice
during the day plus last thing at night / multiple times through the
night / first thing in the morning) so all those extra calories just
pile up! Sigh. :-/

Vicky
--
"Bother," said Pooh, "Eeyore, ready two photon torpedoes and lock
phasers on the Heffalump. Piglet, meet me in transporter room
Old March 25th 04, 02:15 PM
Nikki

Linz wrote:

Despite all that I have got back to my pre-pregnancy weight
(sorry) but still can't do up many of my pre-preg clothes!

There is still hope. It was at 6-7 months when my hips finally shrunk back
down to normal (and quit aching all night) after pg #1 and I was able to get
into my old clothes. The weight was gone by 5 months IIRC (55lbs!!). I
then lost another 10 lbs by 12mos.

Since I didn't loose all the weight after #2 I don't know if my hips went
back to normal or not :-P.

--
Nikki
Mama to Hunter (4) and Luke (2)

Old March 25th 04, 02:34 PM
Anne Rogers

I'm the same on all counts. EXCEPT that now I am gradually weaning
Matthew my weight is going up again! I am still just as hungry as
before but obviously he's not feeding as much (now down to twice
during the day plus last thing at night / multiple times through the
night / first thing in the morning) so all those extra calories just
pile up! Sigh. :-/

we're on a very similar schedule, with no concious decision on my part, ds
also happily skips his last thing at night feed if I'm not available, with
no detremental effect on his waking time, currently usually between 3 and
4 am, just this week we've stopped sending bottles to the childminder for
the mornings, so no more pumping at work for me!
Vicky, hows the sleep going?
Old March 25th 04, 03:21 PM
Vicky Larmour

In article
. cam.ac.uk, Anne
Rogers wrote:
Vicky, hows the sleep going?

After two really good nights last week (only 2 or 3 wakings) he's
back to his old every-45-mins-and-sometimes-more self again, sigh!
Seems like he's teething AGAIN too which probably has something to do
with it. The most annoying thing is that these occasional good nights
tantalise us (and prove that he CAN do it), making it all the harder
when he settles back to his old pattern!

Vicky
Old March 27th 04, 02:32 PM
Linz

On Thu, 25 Mar 2004 14:05:09 +0000, Vicky Larmour
wrote:

In article , Linz
wrote:
Sounds familiar. I manage breakfast, a mid-morning snack, lunch,
late lunch, afternoon snack, early evening snack, dinner, late
evening snack... Despite all that I have got back to my
pre-pregnancy weight (sorry) but still can't do up many of my
pre-preg clothes!

I'm the same on all counts. EXCEPT that now I am gradually weaning
Matthew my weight is going up again! I am still just as hungry as
before but obviously he's not feeding as much (now down to twice
during the day plus last thing at night / multiple times through the
night / first thing in the morning) so all those extra calories just
pile up! Sigh. :-/

Yes, I reckon that's going to catch me out too. Especially as by the
time I see bf going right down I'll be back at work and not walking as
far as I am now.
--
Linz
YB: 5 months, 17lbs