about jewish mothers (from my jewish stepmother)

Old December 20th 05, 10:51 PM posted to alt.support.single-parents

Default about jewish mothers (from my jewish stepmother)

Mrs. Cohen comes to visit her son Simon for dinner, who lives with a female
roommate Rachel. During the course of the meal, his mother couldn't help but
notice how pretty Simon's roommate was.

She had long been suspicious of a relationship between the two, and this had
only made her more curious. Over the course of the evening, while watching
the two interact, she started to wonder if there was more between Simon and
his roommate than met the eye.

Reading his mom's thoughts, Simon volunteered, "I know what you must be
thinking, but I assure you, Rachel and I are just roommates.

About a week later, Rachel came to Simon saying, "Ever since your mother
came to dinner, I've been unable to find the silver sugar bowl. You don't
suppose she took it, do you?" Simon replied, " Well, I doubt it, but I'll
email her just to be sure."

So he sat down and wrote:

Dear Mom,
I'm not saying that you 'did' take the sugar bowl from my house, I'm not
saying that you 'did not' take it. But the fact remains that it has been
missing since you were here for dinner.

Love,
Simon

Several days later, Simon received a response email from his Mother, which
read:

Dear Son,
I'm not saying that you 'do' sleep with Rachel, and I'm not saying that you
'do not' sleep with her. But the fact remains that if she was sleeping in
her OWN bed, she would have found the sugar bowl by now.

Love,
Mom

Lesson of the day - Don't Lie to Your Mother ... especially if she is
Jewish!